Atomic new game - Six Days in Fallujah
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Atomic new game - Six Days in Fallujah Author: TTorpedoLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:42 am
    —
So this is how an "historic shooter" looks like

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123902404583292727.html

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:24 am
    —
That story reminds me so much of Atomic working with Marines to make First To Fight, the graphics even look veryyyy similar.

#3:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:39 am
    —
mooxe wrote:
That story reminds me so much of Atomic working with Marines to make First To Fight, the graphics even look veryyyy similar.

I share your disappointment but not your surprise.

What would you rather have, Close Combat: Fallujah rammed down your throat, whether you like it or not; or the S3T team at least *trying* to keep the spirit alive, through a barrage of criticism and on a shoestring?

#4:  Author: flick PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:13 pm
    —
Hmm, it say's it reaslistic as possible, but it's doubful that you'll play as insurgents?

#5:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:50 pm
    —
i think that critique is the only way of making things better... "Yea-saying" never solved anything.

#6:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:17 pm
    —
It seems as though Atomic is bent on creating a realistic shooter like how they made CC realistic. I dont know how you can make a shooter realistic like Atomic wants it to be and keep interest. They have said you can follow different paths based on who you shoot, I doubt thats very indepth though. There is probably little or no storyline or character development. It is kind of interesting where they are trying to go on this 2nd try. Its strange I do not see any references to first to fight in all the articles that showed up today.

#7:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:35 pm
    —
New Atomic Historic Shooter:

FtF:

From the first day they announced they were back...Atomic said they were doing this shooter first...then (maybe...just maybe) pick-up the CC game again.
Hmm...Atomic's recycling the half finished FtF engine for their new shooter? Smile

#8:  Author: TTorpedoLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:02 pm
    —
I´m looking forward. Lets see how this translates from paper to game.
One thing I dislike is the linear approach, I would prefer to be able to rewrite history.

There is never enough realistic shooters - something along O. Flash Point or the first Ghost Reckon and Rainbow Six. Only Arma and Red Orchestra stands nowadays - hopefully OFP2 or Arma2 (to be released this year) will fill my trigger needs.

Indeed not a word about the former Atomic experience with FpS.. I hope they put the former Red Storm´s ahead of things.

#9:  Author: flick PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:24 pm
    —
Well, CC always had basic graphics with great playability... so maybe this is the 3d version?

#10:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:14 am
    —
Outrage Over Konami's "Six Days in Fallujah"
http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/04/07/outrage-over-konami039s-quotsix-days-fallujahquot

#11:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:10 am
    —
Yeah, it should be banned.

Same with any WWII based game... too many people died.

#12:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:56 am
    —
TTorpedo wrote:
One thing I dislike is the linear approach, I would prefer to be able to rewrite history.

Is a single soldier able to rewrite history?

squadleader_id wrote:
Outrage Over Konami's "Six Days in Fallujah"
http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/04/07/outrage-over-konami039s-quotsix-days-fallujahquot  

Blah. Of course tons of books about Iraq are good but games are evil?
Also, it's pretty ironic, taking in account that more than three dozens of actual soldiers are helping in development.

#13:  Author: TTorpedoLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:20 pm
    —
Therion wrote:
TTorpedo wrote:

Is a single soldier able to rewrite history?

Ofcourse, Napoleon did..

#14:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:31 pm
    —
As a commander, not as a grunt.

#15:  Author: TTorpedoLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:07 pm
    —
Therion wrote:
As a commander, not as a grunt.

I have high expectations.

I was referring to the fact that, from the presentation of the game, it seems the player will be bound to follow a path of scripted events (like in Cod series) where I prefer to have some freedom.
As a player i want my actions to influence the outcome. Not just go there shoot this one don't shoot that one ..etc..

Anyway this is all speculation. I hope they can do a tactical masterpiece and do not back down from a realistic portray of Urban Modern Warfare.

#16:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:18 pm
    —
It would be awesome if CCMT would allow to destroy buildings like in RL.

#17:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:29 pm
    —
Perhaps this is a recruiting tool. That's the only function I can see for a game like this.

#18:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:49 pm
    —
Why only a recruiting tool?

#19:  Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:07 am
    —
looks dam fine to me, love CoD4/5 and thinking of reinstalling FtF to now see , with FPS perspective, how it was.

#20:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:50 am
    —
Under criticism, Konami ditches realistic "Fallujah" videogame!
http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-asahi/TKY200904270177.html

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2