What has happened to WAR?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: What has happened to WAR? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:02 pm
    —
Just like the title of the thread says
What Happened?

After the last patch was released this place seems to have died in terms of posts/subjects/idea or just downright anything.
Even the Matrix forums is “Dead” other than CeltiCid’s forum about their ongoing GC.
And CSO is pretty much a joke when it comes to discussing CC.

Am I the only one who looks for something to read about CC everyday only to find nothing?

Has WAR pretty much run its course?
Is this title doomed to become just what CCIV was to CC players?
Are you more interested in the CCV release?
Or is it just a matter of it’s too new and I haven’t played it enough?

#2:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:12 pm
    —
Unfortunately I do not think your concern is WAR specific, all the CC sites seem to be pretty slow on all versions of CC....

The last two re-releases that Matrix/S3T have to put out may not change that much based on the impact of the three re-releases to date (COI, CCMT & WAR).

CC6 with a new engine and other enhancements may not even be enough to really get things going for a long time given that Matrix/S3T seem to selling games to the same audience/people. Their games do not get reviewed on the biggest game review sites and they will never get an impulse buy from someone looking at the box on a store shelf....

#3:  Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:49 am
    —
maybe people are playing it? Not posting? because you can't do both

#4:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:30 am
    —
southern_land wrote:
maybe people are playing it? Not posting? because you can't do both

So that means you're not playing it anymore, SL? Wink

#5:  Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:45 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:

posting less than some... my posts are sort

= playing time

#6:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:21 am
    —
southern_land wrote:
squadleader_id wrote:

posting less than some... my posts are sort

= playing time

Ahh...looks like you stopped playing to post again Wink

#7:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:31 am
    —
I can play and post at the same time using vmware Smile

#8:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:19 am
    —
They dont have to be slow. We need organizers, more people to do what CeltidCid is doing, people who want to create content, someone who will organize a tournament....etc...

#9:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:48 am
    —
nah.. it's easier to say "I Hate blah blah blah"

#10:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:12 pm
    —
I installed WaR a few months ago, played it for two days and didn't play it since then. But then, the same thing happened to me when playing CCIV and CCV.
I like modding games and CCV is much less open to modding than CCMT.

Tejszd wrote:
CC6 with a new engine and other enhancements may not even be enough to really get things going for a long time given that Matrix/S3T seem to selling games to the same audience/people. Their games do not get reviewed on the biggest game review sites and they will never get an impulse buy from someone looking at the box on a store shelf....

Well, it's a big part of the problem, especially that Matrix keeps their prices high for years. It cuts off the part of the audience that doesn't live in the fairyland.
Not to mention having to pay a full price of a new game for an "upgraded" 9-10 year old game.
It really limits the potential audience.

#11:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:09 pm
    —
Maybe one should consider "Us"(as it has come to be known) as having high expectations instead of calling it complaining?

I think Mooxe definatly nailed with needing more organizers.It's a shame we dont have something like MMCCIII that lets us join current GC's whenever our time permits.

#12:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:22 pm
    —
I agree that Matrixgames and Strategy 3 killed all the multiplayer possibilities without one room on gamespy or other better servers for a meeting. Really battlehq is a shit and it does not run well. Sorry people but it is the true.

#13:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:53 pm
    —
MMCCIII is up and running.. go join one of the 3 campaigns running.

#14:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:59 pm
    —
Ahh yes thats what I wanted all this time,to play CCIII.

Jeesshh,my bad.

#15:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:10 pm
    —
Firefox

We connected and played with out any problems on BHQ.. it works fine.

And from memory I whipped your Ass Smile

#16:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:23 pm
    —
schrecken wrote:
I can play and post at the same time using vmware Smile

Aha! But you're playing CC3...not WAR from that screenshot Wink

#17:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:46 pm
    —
It's an old shot which I can't see the point of updating as it tells the same story graphically.

that story... that multitasking is the only way to play... I'm always doing 6 things at once.

Smile

#18:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:25 am
    —
schrecken wrote:
Firefox

We connected and played with out any problems on BHQ.. it works fine.

And from memory I whipped your Ass Smile

Yes but people do not use it. And for your information it has many errors on the register site. All the best games use sites like xfire, gamespy and some more. Personally the CC saga down on multiplayer from the first moment that it was deleted from the MSN zone, on my old times on this site, you could find thousands of people playing CC2, CC3 and CC4. But now.......people can not find players, I know because people has asked me about where play WAR many times.

#19:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:00 am
    —
schrecken wrote:
It's an old shot which I can't see the point of updating as it tells the same story graphically.

that story... that multitasking is the only way to play... I'm always doing 6 things at once.

Smile

Yep...I agree with ya there about multitasking...that's why I got myself a dual LCD setup nowadays Wink
Hmm...6 things at once...one of them should be "taking new screenshots of CCWAR played in a window" Very Happy

#20:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:08 am
    —
Quote:
Yes but people do not use it.

Can't blame the tool for that, just the Tools.

Wink

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 3