# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Matrix announcement Author: MossOrleni PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:31 pm
    —
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/368/details/Close.Combat:.The.Longest.Day

#2:  Author: flick PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:51 pm
    —
I'm looking at the link now, and I noticed that one of the pics (from the remake) is from a user made mod...Gold Juno sword...is that right?

Or is this map from an earlier official matrix CC game?

#3:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:30 pm
    —
look good Smile.

hope S3 made some work on mistakes and won't do same things again (yes, i mean moding tools or get back adbs) Wink.

#4:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:32 pm
    —
Looks pretty lame to me.
Pretty sad that WAR hasent even been fixed yet and here they are
pumping out another one.
And im sure it's gonnna go for $50 again.Hell "BRAND NEW" games go for $60
Im sure in a few more months well have another one to cover ABTF.

Then what are they gonna do?

#5:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:38 pm
    —
Quote:
Pretty sad that WAR hasent even been fixed yet and here they are pumping out another one.

they work like atomic in it's last days Smile.

Quote:
And im sure it's gonnna go for $50 again.Hell "BRAND NEW" games go for $60

just ask me for a copy- here u can get anything like that for less than 5$ Smile.

Quote:
Then what are they gonna do?

Okinawa Very Happy

#6:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:54 pm
    —
Personally, I'd prefer CCMT II. I kinda liked butchering civilians in CCMAT.

Day/Night thing and other enhancements sound nice. Too bad it won't work on my comp. Also, triggers would be very nice for SP gameplay - I don't see them in the features list - so, they won't be there?

Last edited by Therion on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

#7:  Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:01 pm
    —
Is it still max 15 units to deploy? Even on 4800x4800px maps?
Has multicore support for high resolutions been fixed?

I'm kind of underwhelmed by the announcement. But I'll wait and see the verdict after it's been released.

#8:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:11 am
    —
The screenshots look really good!
Night battles...with real night effects...woohoo!

#9:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:22 am
    —
Quote:
Features:

* Highly enhanced rebuild of the critically acclaimed Close Combat Invasion Normandy title, originally developed by Atomic Games
* Expanded strat layer with new strat map image as well as 64 gorgeous hand-drawn tactical maps.
* Comes with all new 60+ battles, operations and campaigns including a new enhanced Grand Campaign as well as "classic" CC5 style Grand Campaign available for download.
* Many new game features including night-time battles, flare effects, ability to rest battlegroups, simulation of different sized battlegroups, gameplay in windowed mode, ability to use larger maps, UI enhancements and more.
* Battle the enemy in the darkness. Includes simulated flare effects where ability to see the enemy troops is effected by flare deployment.
* Comes with all new 60+ battles, operations and campaigns.
* Expanded strat layer with new strat map image as well as 64 gorgeous hand-drawn tactical maps. That's an additional 21 tactical map slots over the original game!
* Extended ForcePool list to display 25 of 25 available units as opposed to the 20 that stock CC5 displayed.
* New reports at the end of battle showing campaign cohesion and VL control – track your progress after each bout.
* New enhanced Grand Campaign as well as "classic" CC5 style Grand Campaign.
* Display of battlegroup cohesion and fatigue status.
* Game now accepts maps up to 4800x4800 pixels as compared to the stock CC5 map size of 3600x3600 pixels.
* Off-board or off-map support quantities now tied to difficulty level.
* Improved graphical communication of strat map connections.
* Game can now be played in windowed mode.
* Tweaked User Interface graphics, with nearly all new planes, vehicles and map graphics. Also includes carefully crafted game play manual
* No longer requires second party utilities for modding to provide years of additional gaming excitement.
* Among the moddable features: ALL strat layer features, ALL campaign details including weather, turns per day, scoring, all support mission types for both sides and locations, battlegroup recycling, battlegroup retreat/disband, supply and much more!
* Teams, battlegroups, elements, forcepools soldiers, vehicles, and weapons files maximum number of entries extended.
* Capable of representing multiple nationalities with varying capabilities available to both sides.
* Capable of simulating airborne battlegroup deployment drop zones.
* Further improvements have been made to the AI to reduce some of the more inadequate performance issues, in particular with respect to vehicle pathing, the 'crawl of death', and Team and Unit morale and response in general.
* Enhanced Scenario Editor - Create your own "what if" Scenarios.
* Enjoy the huge variety of modifications available from the Close Combat Community providing years of additional gaming pleasure.
* Enhanced head-to-head combat modes including: 24/7 campaigns.
* Enhanced to run well on modern DirectX systems
* Accurately depicts World War II tactical warfare and its challenges
* Realistic soldier psychological profiles during combat.
* Accurate and realistic equipment modelling
* Close air support and direct and indirect fire
* Ability to protect your men in buildings, bunkers, and trenches Includes specialized squads, weapons, soldier types, attack Aircraft & Artillery
* Adjustable game speed scroll speed and sound volume
* ... and much more!

Lots of features written twice Smile

Quote:

* No longer requires second party utilities for modding to provide years of additional gaming excitement.

I wonder if this means that S3T/Matrix are providing new tools for modding CCTLD (like most modern games with built-in editors)...or if it actually means: you can use notepad and a spreadsheet (which are technically second party tools also).

#10:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:43 am
    —
Quote:
Improved graphical communication of strat map connections.

Unlike WAR
Quote:
Enhanced Scenario Editor - Create your own "what if" Scenarios

Is this really anything "New"?

Quote:
Adjustable game speed scroll speed and sound volume

Quote:
Display of battlegroup cohesion and fatigue status.

HaHaHaHaHa what a laugh to list those two to make the list look longer.

And what is this?
Enhanced head-to-head combat modes including: 24/7 campaigns.

#11:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:01 am
    —

Nice! New CCMT style unit/team graphics!
I was surprised that this style wasn't implemented in CCWAR (instead we got CC5 Normandy graphics - some with Normandy era uniforms).

#12:  Author: Pzt_Serk PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:36 am
    —
Hummmm, I'n not sure... I still prefer WWII era pictures but that's a very subjective thing.

#13:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:48 am
    —
Pzt_Serk wrote:
Hummmm, I'n not sure... I still prefer WWII era pictures but that's a very subjective thing.

You'd have copyright issues with those for commercial releases.
Well done unit graphics look cool...but those artwork (army-men/toy soldier look) from CC4-CC5 just look dated.
WW2 era pictures may look good on the BG screens...but lack clarity and are confusing to look at on the Tactical Map/Battle screens too.

#14:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:18 am
    —
Squadleader is right, using WW2 pictures would cost too much money or be a copyright problem waiting to happen for a commercial release.

Along with the new icons on that screen shot there sure are a lot of rows for squad names.

#15:  Author: MossOrleni PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:29 am
    —
Tejszd wrote:

Along with the new icons on that screen shot there sure are a lot of rows for squad names.

Which is a great improvement. 25 slots will get you closer to creating complete TO&E, or allows you to play with experience/morale mixing of the same unit.

#16:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:09 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote:

And what is this?
Enhanced head-to-head combat modes including: 24/7 campaigns.

I think that is a left over from COI that was wrongly on the WAR Matrix web page and now has been wrongly left on the The Longest Day Matrix web page....

#17:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:54 am
    —
I hope this will be good, but i fear it will be bad.

#18:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:16 am
    —
Hard disk space: 2.0 Gb + Screenshot of Gold Beach from GJS. So are we getting GJS already converted? It does have mixed graphics in the screenshot though, showing an American flag. I think theres some Bloody Omaha maps also. They could of just used them for the new strat map though.

I think the military symbols are bland, very few will ever learn what they mean or care. It was probably just more convienent to have them since they are easier to come by than creating the icons from scratch.

Game can now be played in windowed mode is great. Can you pause the game without your opponent unpausing it now?

Around the center and bottom there are some wierd connections. Some of the connections seem to bypass maps. The center is also split, the only way to cross to the South, or North is to go through the beach map, or farthest West map. Maybe theres a natural obstacle...

#19:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:08 am
    —
I like the gamey unit icons,the new ones look bland.
As far as using actual WW2 images that can easily be modded.
Is that really what the strat map is going to look like?That looks very wierd to me,is that a compass showing due North?
Schrecken said the same thing about the 24/7 campaigns.Thats a real bummer I was hoping for something like MMCCIII but I wanted that for WAR too.
And once again I see no 2 on 2 H2H listed,why cant we get that for the re-releases?

#20:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:25 am
    —
The new unit icons look better than the old CC4-CC5 versions, IMHO.
A bit bland but more modern looking...and more Wargamey Wink
Besides military symbols...you can still small silhouettes of soldiers, AFVs and support weapons.
Mooxe is right...maybe it's too much work to rework those CC4-CC5 style icons or upgrade them with something better...and since S3T already had design ideas from CCMT...

The stratmap in the screenshot looks like early version to me...it looks ugly too Very Happy
64 maps covering Utah, Omaha and GJS equals a lot of map omissions and compression right?

#21:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:40 am
    —
Will there be UK voicies for britts and US/English for Americans??

/Mats

#22:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:46 am
    —
What is the strategy map that Mooxe show us on this screenshot? is it the new game? it is worse than I making a new strategy map with 10 beers on my stomach.

About game.........I do not see nothing different to WAR, if they want sell us it, they will need add some more.

#23:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:00 am
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
What is the strategy map that Mooxe show us on this screenshot? is it the new game? it is worse than I making a new strategy map with 10 beers on my stomach.

About game.........I do not see nothing different to WAR, if they want sell us it, they will need add some more.

Yup...that stratmap looks ugly...I hope that's just a test version.
As for something different to CCWAR...it's the same CC5 engine...so it shouldn't be different.
The new additions of night battles with real night effects look nice on the screenshots...I hope this not just a hoax (in response to Mooxe's night battles thread) Wink

#24:  Author: flick PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:15 am
    —
So is there an explanation, of why I can see a screenshot from the GJS mod? Surely they need the modders permission to use it?

#25:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:33 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:

I was surprised that this style wasn't implemented in CCWAR (instead we got CC5 Normandy graphics - some with Normandy era uniforms).

I like the general concept of wargame icons, but these ones look a bit too bland for my taste. I preferred the CCMT ones.

#26:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:51 am
    —
flick wrote:
So is there an explanation, of why I can see a screenshot from the GJS mod? Surely they need the modders permission to use it?

I do not see nothing from GJS, only one UK battlegroup but if you are interested, probably they do not need permission for to take nothing from a mod, I have not studied too it on CC games but on other games the legal disclaimer tells that all the stuff made for mods is from the game company from the first moment that you added it on game. But there not nothing from GJS here.

#27:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:06 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
flick wrote:

I do not see nothing from GJS, only one UK battlegroup but if you are interested, probably they do not need permission for to take nothing from a mod, I have not studied too it on CC games but on other games the legal disclaimer tells that all the stuff made for mods is from the game company from the first moment that you added it on game. But there not nothing from GJS here.

from the write-up CCTLD covers not just Utah like the original CC5...so it looks like the GJS sector as well as Omaha is covered in the game.
Looks like there's Gold Beach map from GJS in the screenshots.
The thing is...since CC maps are based on real battlegrounds and historic aerial photos...even if those GJS maps are redone or created from scratch by the developer team...they're still going to look very similar to the maps made for the GJS mod we've become familiar with.

#28:  Author: flick PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:44 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
flick wrote:

This is the pic from the matrix site. I swear I've played this leve on GJS.

#29:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:52 pm
    —
I am sure they had permission, they would not do it otherwise. Either Atilla or Cathartes or someone else gave the nod.

#30:  Author: Jace10 PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:35 pm
    —
kweniston wrote:

I'm kind of underwhelmed by the announcement. But I'll wait and see the verdict after it's been released.

Doubt we'll see any massive maps...

I look at the screen shots and see that they are using the Amfreville map from CCV - WTF, I can't believe that 8 years on, we will have to play on maps smaller than our screen resolution and therefore looking like crud.

All maps should be at least 1600x1200 or higher... That is the highest res. for CC, any map less than this results in a fake resolution change (zoomed in slightly) and looks like F**ing sh*t.

GJS maps...?

Maybe Bloody omaha maps also....

Lets face it the most time consuming bit of creating a CC game or Mod is making new maps and it looks like they aint bothered to do that, so solution = skank maps from other mods and pay their creators a small sum. Flog product - rake in dough etc.

Are they going to ship it with the girlie soldiers and see-through buildings bugs, cause I looked at old GJS maps and they ain't coded as atomic did em either.

Highly enhanced...????? Ha ha ha. Do some work if you want our money...

Those unit icons look like something I could do in 15 minutes on photoshop.. i.e they look cheap and uninspiring. Is it too much effort to completely redo the user interface and make it look like it doesn't belong in the 90's?

#31:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:58 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:
I am sure they had permission, they would not do it otherwise. Either Atilla or Cathartes or someone else gave the nod.

But I do not see nothing from GJS, the battlegroup icons are free.

#32:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:55 pm
    —
Jace10 wrote:

Are they going to ship it with the girlie soldiers and see-through buildings bugs, cause I looked at old GJS maps and they ain't coded as atomic did em either.

Hi there, that is party right, though the main played maps in GJS is coded correct as Atomic did it. But You are right that some of the side maps (less played maps) are wrong coded in GJS.

As a side note, I have recoded em GJS maps in TRSM 097, though not finished all, but plan to do more or less all of em done to ver 1.0.
But the recoded maps cant be used in normal GJS as the elements file dont match some new elements that also been done in TRSM.

But never mind that, back to CC5 rerelise.

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

#33:  Author: Flamethrower PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:58 pm
    —
Jace10 wrote:
kweniston wrote:

Doubt we'll see any massive maps...

I look at the screen shots and see that they are using the Amfreville map from CCV - WTF, I can't believe that 8 years on, we will have to play on maps smaller than our screen resolution and therefore looking like crud.

All maps should be at least 1600x1200 or higher... That is the highest res. for CC, any map less than this results in a fake resolution change (zoomed in slightly) and looks like F**ing sh*t.

GJS maps...?

Maybe Bloody omaha maps also....

Lets face it the most time consuming bit of creating a CC game or Mod is making new maps and it looks like they aint bothered to do that, so solution = skank maps from other mods and pay their creators a small sum. Flog product - rake in dough etc.

Highly enhanced...????? Ha ha ha. Do some work if you want our money...

Those unit icons look like something I could do in 15 minutes on photoshop.. i.e they look cheap and uninspiring. Is it too much effort to completely redo the user interface and make it look like it doesn't belong in the 90's?

jeeze dude, ya mighta wanted to wait til ya really saw it before ya shot yer wad.....cause many of yer comments will turn out to be jism once everyone sees it

o..&....skank maps? I guess skank is as skank sees

#34:  Author: flick PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:01 pm
    —
I think it will be a good game, but the price is my main problem.

#35:  Author: Flamethrower PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:27 pm
    —
flick wrote:

yes it will be a good game...

I've been meaning to ask this for a while...

how come folks in these forums keep carping about a $50 (or whatever) pricetag...surely you dudes realize that compared to most computer games the price is within the range, and compared to most other pleasures it is a hell of a deal (booze, smokes, babes, movies, and god forbid the cost of a live show or sporting event all which last the length of a minor hangover) and given the number of hours of pleasure to be had (for example - someone like me who is a CC nut might play the game hundreds of hours... so $50 divided by hundreds = the best deal in entertainment, if you happen to like WWII wargaming that is), it shouldn't be an issue

#36:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:42 pm
    —
Ok now hold up,
Before any of you numbskulls go any further with this conversation
I want to know,no wait "I insist" that the admins of this site properly place The Longest Day thread Below the Wacht am Rhein thread.

I'm not gonna let you guys treat WAR like you did CCIV.
Ok ? Smile

#37:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:18 pm
    —
Hey, Flammer old friend... Wink

Why are you leaving your cave and wasting time flaming ppl here?
Have ya finished helping out the S3T team fix those embarrassing map coding glitches in CCWAR? You were one of the CCWAR map coders...so I'm sure the team needs you to help fix the fuckups Wink

As for CCWAR...$50 does not equal hundreds of hours of wargaming when 80% of the gameplay (=maps + elements) is flawed Very Happy

I just hope CCTLD doesn't repeat those same mistakes...

#38:  Author: flick PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:37 pm
    —
Flamethrower wrote:
flick wrote:

how come folks in these forums keep carping about a $50 (or whatever) pricetag...surely you dudes realize that compared to most computer games the price is within the range, and compared to most other pleasures it is a hell of a deal (booze, smokes, babes, movies, and god forbid the cost of a live show or sporting event all which last the length of a minor hangover) and given the number of hours of pleasure to be had (for example - someone like me who is a CC nut might play the game hundreds of hours... so $50 divided by hundreds = the best deal in entertainment, if you happen to like WWII wargaming that is), it shouldn't be an issue

1. These are old looking games, and they're remakes of old looking games
2. Really modern looking strat games, can cost half as much.

I love CC, but c'mon..

#39:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:48 pm
    —
The newest XBOX360 or PS3 games go for $59.99
And they can command much more attention than what CC can ever get now adays.
Put CC on the TV show XPlay and then you can start running your yap flammer,till then SHUT-UP and read your own post about how the worm turns.

#40:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:17 am
    —
Flamethrower wrote:

This isnt how Matrix Games justified thier price. Thats what really at question here.

#41: unit icons alternative Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:51 am
    —
The Lock'n Load series use unit icon artwork that's very wargamey (heck, they are wargame cardboard units!) but nice looking at the same time. Something like these would have looked better for CCTLD...but the new bland icons are still better than reusing the old CC5 icon graphics without any 'graphics upgrade'.

BTW, what's with this rumor that CCTLD will be available next week?
So this one was made and completed in under 6 months (since the release of CCWAR)???

#42:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:48 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:

This isnt how Matrix Games justified thier price. Thats what really at question here.

Personally there are two things that Matrix should think better, we are on a bad economy moment and many we bought WAR only a few months ago.

#43:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:56 pm
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
mooxe wrote:

Personally there are two things that Matrix should think better, we are on a bad economy moment and many we bought WAR only a few months ago.

Read here for some answers from Matrix staff and Jim (S3T):
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2096193

It is a bit strange that CCTLD is released so soon after CCWAR. They're not even waiting for June 6th Wink
Has it got anything to do with Atomic's recent resurrection I wonder?

#44:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:18 pm
    —
I'm still waiting for the promised CCMT patch Very Happy .

#45:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:43 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
mooxe wrote:

It is a bit strange that CCTLD is released so soon after CCWAR. They're not even waiting for June 6th Wink

Looking the screenshots I see the game a little incomplete.

And Schrecken forgot that it is not the first time that we can play all the beaches and sides from invasion, I made it on the Invasion Normandy many years ago with maps from CC5, GJS and Bloody Omaha. Sorry Schrecken but you have not made nothing new. Wink

#46:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:17 am
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
I made it on the Invasion Normandy many years ago with maps from CC5, GJS and Bloody Omaha. Sorry Schrecken but you have not made nothing new. Wink

That was the one with B-29's for air support? Right.

#47:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:38 am
    —
Nembo wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
I made it on the Invasion Normandy many years ago with maps from CC5, GJS and Bloody Omaha. Sorry Schrecken but you have not made nothing new. Wink

That was the one with B-29's for air support? Right.

No, I made two different Invasion Normandy mods, the 1944 realistic version and one "what if" 1946 version, the B29 was on it.

#48:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:41 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
mooxe wrote:

I agree with you waiting to June 6 could/would have been a good marketing move.... But just like most here want to get to CC6 so do they but they obligated to do 5 re-releases. So with this on the way that leaves one to go....

#49:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:04 am
    —
Tejszd wrote:

I agree with you waiting to June 6 could/would have been a good marketing move.... But just like most here want to get to CC6 so do they but they obligated to do 5 re-releases. So with this on the way that leaves one to go....

Yup...but with Atomic back in action and mentioning that they want to go back to CC after the Falujjah shooter...will there be a CC6 by S3T/Matrix or just the last 2 rereleases before Atomic wants the ball back?

#50:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:22 am
    —
I would guess that S3T/Matrix would push ahead. They earned some money on the re-releases I would think but the big pay day for them would most likely be for anything after the re-releases they have to do....

The CC re-releases must be moving well if Atomic wants to come back into the market. I bet that news when it first came out stunned a few people who thought they would have the CC market to themselves. But well have to see if they actually do come back.... I guess if they do hopefully we'll have two very good products to buy....

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

#51:  Author: squadman45 PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:01 am
    —
Flamethrower is a joke no??? 50 dollars (38 euros) for a 1999 game with some patch improvements is equal to a 2008-9 game with NEW engine???

I like the CC system but is time to a NEW game, not a Release using mod stuff, for me WAR and other releases cost 20 euros or less, is a download game!!!

PD: sorry man but try to change client opinion is a little... psss

#52:  Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:13 am
    —
And here the biggest mod question about this remade game.

If the longest day has only a 4 days GC, I suppose that they have many turns, perhaps 20 turnos per day but.........can we edit it and add 20 days on game? if it only runs with 4 days, the mod possibilities for more operations will be zero.
Mad

#53:  Author: flick PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:11 pm
    —
squadman45 wrote:
Flamethrower is a joke no??? 50 dollars (38 euros) for a 1999 game with some patch improvements is equal to a 2008-9 game with NEW engine???

I like the CC system but is time to a NEW game, not a Release using mod stuff, for me WAR and other releases cost 20 euros or less, is a download game!!!

PD: sorry man but try to change client opinion is a little... psss

This sums it up for me too.

The SSG games offer months, even years of playability, and they still cost less. And they're from 2003 onwards.

#54:  Author: Hytzon PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:32 pm
    —
I like the Wargamer developer feature found here http://www.wargamer.com/article/2693/close-combat-the-longest-day as it describes the changes in more detail.
The way some battlegroups are locked to contain fewer teams is cool, I guess the germans have less troops at the beaches now.. I think I can spare the money if the game is stable in H2H.

Last edited by Hytzon on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

#55:  Author: squadman45 PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:53 pm
    —
Well, the limit in the number of troops is a bad thing for me, now you can storm as allied german companies special because i think we can see they in the beaches (and defend a beach with only 9 units... you need cover many terrain and if with 15 is hard... attacker can centrate in 2 positions but defender no) and sorry but in a disembark you can send a regiment to the assault but they dont fight as a regiment, fight as they can (the command system is break and all depends of individual actions and a single MG can do a carnage but in CC MG can do arc fire), the number of BG is very similar in both sides but if allied have few company units.... the grand campaign ends in a few turns but hey if you see WAR dont seems strange (Super Sherman with 75L38mm killing Panthers with frontal shoots at 300 meters when the panther cant do the same).

PD: when we can see 2 BG fighting in the same zone??? or one in the first line and other behing it giving reinforces to the battle???

#56:  Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:08 pm
    —
or at least having the ability to have 2 BGs at the same location. Sometimes its crucial just to move one BG over another without need to move the first one elsewhere

#57:  Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:26 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:

I agree, I love this icon set, so now I am faced with having to by the game so I can rip these icons and import them back to CCMT for use with WW2 mods. This is a beeg dilema. Exclamation

#58:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:54 am
    —
Stwa wrote:
squadleader_id wrote:

I agree, I love this icon set, so now I am faced with having to by the game so I can rip these icons and import them back to CCMT for use with WW2 mods. This is a beeg dilema. Exclamation

You're going to buy CCTLD just to use those icons for CCMT? Confused
Actually they're not that hard to create from scratch or based on the CCMT icons.

#59:  Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:33 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
Stwa wrote:
squadleader_id wrote:

You're going to buy CCTLD just to use those icons for CCMT? Confused
Actually they're not that hard to create from scratch or based on the CCMT icons.

Nice idea, but I doubt I will try making icons myself, and I might not buy either since I already have a Normandy CC game. (I will probably try plan B!). Exclamation

But I am glad they cam out with all this for the new guys.

#60:  Author: ograndoLocation: Treviso - Italy PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:27 pm
    —
But i can't found it on store?
Only buy it online and wait to arrive from UK?

#61:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:19 pm
    —
Well, you can buy it with digital download + physical version option for the same price as physical version alone.

#62:  Author: Vman PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:51 pm
    —
Gah, does this mean they're FINALLY going to start CC6 after this crap's been released?

I don't mean to sound rude, but I've been waiting for CC6 for nearly a millennia now. Razz

#63:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:14 pm
    —
Quote:
don't mean to sound rude, but I've been waiting for CC6 for nearly a millennia now. Razz

Then you should have started making it earlier.

#64:  Author: Pzt_Decoy PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:45 pm
    —
Vman wrote (View Post):
Gah, does this mean they're FINALLY going to start CC6 after this crap's been released?

I don't mean to sound rude, but I've been waiting for CC6 for nearly a millennia now. Razz

Just think of TLD as CC6

#65: Re: Matrix announcement Author: lemon42 PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:27 am
    —
They will re-release CC2 first and I wouldn't call WaR or TLD crap. At least you don't have to worry about your D3D settings to get in running and some other nice additions.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1