Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:49 am
    —
The last of the series to be rereleased. Will it be based off the TLD/WaR engine or will it be an upgraded version of itself?

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:14 am
    —
Can you actually upgrade the aging CC2 engine and dated graphics?
But if it's based on the TLD/WAR engine...then S3T needs to come up with a lot of new maps for ABTF.
I vote for TLD/WAR (enhanced CC5) engine though!

#3:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:21 pm
    —
I vote against the CC5 strategic minigame.

#4:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:54 pm
    —
Therion wrote:

Therion, if you love CCMT and the single missions...you can always play CC5 single battles and not touch the Strat Map minigame Smile
Are they that much different from CCMT single missions/battles?

#5:  Author: flick PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:20 pm
    —
I loved the design of the old maps.

#6:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:27 pm
    —
Based on what we have seen so far I'd say it would be another TLD/WAR build.
They were able to create new maps for WAR so I dont see that as an issue for ABTF.

I think the biggest worry is how large are the maps gonna be?
Large maps do not suit this Campaign inmho

#7:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:49 pm
    —
That's two votes in on map size.

Plt_michael = Small

Flick = Big

#8:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:16 pm
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
Therion wrote:

Therion, if you love CCMT and the single missions...you can always play CC5 single battles and not touch the Strat Map minigame Smile
Are they that much different from CCMT single missions/battles?

Yes, CC5 doesn't have a mission editor.

Also, I like campaigns.

#9:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:14 am
    —
Is it really a rerelease if they build it upon the WaR/TLD games? It would be more like a Market Garden mod.

#10:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:30 pm
    —
You have point Mooxe, it really isn’t a re-release if it is done on the CCengine instead of the CC2 code. So no I guess it can’t be called a re-release.

Mods change data, graphics and sound but the CC2 re-release will have code changes. So no I guess it can’t be called a mod.

Maybe it’s a new game. CC5 was a new game that was built on CC4 with some features added. It probably should be called CC# as it is an extension of the current series of games but then for some reason CC6 has become known in the CC community as the ALL NEW game….

#11:  Author: Guest PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:26 am
    —
Therion wrote:

Yes, CC5 doesn't have a mission editor.

Repeat number 2,687: CC4 and CC5 both come with mission editors.

I remain astonished that nobody knows about them.

-

#12:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:37 am
    —
Screens or they don't exist.

#13:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:01 am
    —
Haven't you played CC4-CC5, Therion?
There is a scenario editor for creating single battles, Ops and GCs.
The single battle editor is pretty basic though...basically just selecting a map and selecting 2 BGs to fight on that map...plus adding basic things like what off board supports are available for each side.
You need screenshots for this? Wink

#14: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:46 am
    —
I started the CC series with CC2 on a mac. That's good news we could see a new version.

#15: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:21 am
    —
CC3/CoI, CC4/WaR and CC5/tLD all have battlemakers/scenario editors/mission  editors

The batlemaker that comes with CCMT is much more powerful than all the others no ifs or buts.

#16: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:51 pm
    —
I sure hope that its true with the CC2 rerelease because it was my first CC back in -97 and i still think it has the best AI and the best stratlayer.

Can imagine this with the WaR/TlD engine and new maps, but please dont just use US VL flags this time!!!  Wink

Mats

#17: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:10 am
    —
My first ever game on the computer was! MSoft's ABTF.   I'm blessed or what!   :D

Now, after 11 yrs., WAIT! i can almost! not stand it ~ much longer Smile  A UpDATED and Re-make/Do of cc2!  DRool.

I am so psyched !  that i will buy this 'one' Outright.  I love the gorgeous maps in Modern Tactics! and the smooth~~~gameplay!

I've just installed Hamachi and chatted with someone in there already!

Saving the BEST! for Last!  My hats off to all the makers of these wonderful Re-dos!

Thank You! so very much.

Oh! a popUp message alert from Hamachi!  Enjoy Everyone!  Smile

#18: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Author: CSO_SbufkleLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:07 pm
    —
Wow.. wonder what changed thier minds? I remember a conversation that CC2 wouldnt be rereleased, but hey.. thats great news!

CC2 works so well because of its engine and the small maps.

If they use the engine of those last 2 rereleases, then there are 2 concerns.

1:People will want bi g impressive looking maps, which while may be eye candy, take away a key plus to CC2.

2:You aqbsolutely have to keep the three sector landing zone set up, NOT a stragetic map. Historically the CC2 engine how it worked one map after another in rigid form is bang on.

In the end, if it uses another engine, (Unless a brand new one) its going to simply be a mod... and there alreayd is a ABTF CC5 mod in the works that looks to be a good one... and will be free....

#19: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:56 pm
    —
What the hell! Very Happy  Give me a CC2 release with 64 small great maps and polish, german, american and brittish talking their own language as the orginal game and i will close my mouth about errors and txt files and just play it!

But please dont just use the us flags!!! Wink

Mats

#20: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Author: CSO_SbufkleLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:16 pm
    —
64 solid small maps would still be true to the game.. the AI in this Cc version is the least in need of tweaking.. dare I say even touching the AI, jus play the Island scenario as Allies and you have probably one of the toughest fights in any factory CC game. It set the standared in AI that no other version of CC, including the rereleases came close to.

So 21 maps per sector... be interesting.. alot of 'approach' battles. Wouldnt be hisotrical but the gameplay provided they dont make it a War/TLD engine Mod woudl be killer. Perhaps even closest thing to unwinnable in GC as allies on vet. If any new maps were just as good as the originals.

But come on, you need 3 sepearate sectors and you cant have a wide open start map which throws history completely out the window. You then simply have a ABTF themed WAR/TLD mod... booo...

I guess after this rerelease theyll rererelease the series again....

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2