The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#21: Re: Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:08 am
    —
golani_2 wrote (View Post):
Took me a while to figure it out, but I did it.

I had a couple of chances but AI battlegroups don't retreat, only disabend or stay.

I confim, some BGs do not retreat while then can. They are being disbanded. Unless it is ok, becouse teh BG I am talking had 3 units all together, while i deployed only 1. This one, deployed unit surrendered and i though BG (2 units:) will retreat.
So maybe it is ok when you have only 2 units strong BG?

#22: map error Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:36 am
    —
Found this playing the Isigny map.
Very minor coding glitches on the small map items (sandbags, equipments and stuff)...and a couple of noticeable coding errors.

#23: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:49 am
    —
Theres lots of this. From my few games... Tanks partially on roofs of four story buildings, soldiers walking on roofs, maps showing minefields (Sword by the beach ramp) but theres no mines...

The Isigny map your showing looks a bit like St Mere Eglise turned 90degrees counter clockwise...

#24: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:46 pm
    —
Based on discussions here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2123831

OK...here's my first attempt...French Commando ranks for CCTLD.
I hope my French Naval ranks chart translation to CC ranks chart isn't too far off  Smile

...and French Medals from CC5 Meuse mod.

Last edited by squadleader_id on Wed May 27, 2009 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total

#25: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: reinald PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:17 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Theres lots of this. From my few games... Tanks partially on roofs of four story buildings, soldiers walking on roofs, maps showing minefields (Sword by the beach ramp) but theres no mines...

The Isigny map your showing looks a bit like St Mere Eglise turned 90degrees counter clockwise...

But those are issues with individual maps' coding and not the engine itself, right?

#26: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:55 pm
    —
Quote:
But those are issues with individual maps' coding and not the engine itself, right?

correct.

#27: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:13 pm
    —
Suggestion or bug I am not sure.

Units leaving the beach heading inland cannot be assigned naval support. If the German unit inland is faster than the Allied unit, it could move to the beach and cut the Allied unit off from moving, and it wont recieve Naval Support. It does work properly with all other support though.

#28: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:59 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):

Units leaving the beach heading inland cannot be assigned naval support. If the German unit inland is faster than the Allied unit, it could move to the beach and cut the Allied unit off from moving, and it wont recieve Naval Support. It does work properly with all other support though.

AFAIK only the beach maps plus a few others can be assigned Naval Support (they're highlited in yellow when you click Naval Support).
Naval Support icon in the interface needs to be changed from Arty/Howitzer graphics to Ship graphics though.

#29: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:47 am
    —
You missed the point... If you assign a unit from the beach to move inland, they cant have "backup" naval support incase the German unit is faster and blocks them on the beach from moving.

#30: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:12 am
    —
OK...got it now.
Hmm...feature or bug? How was this handled in CC5, BTW?

#31: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:15 am
    —
I think you could assign it in CC5. Maybe it was GJS... I remember doing it somewhere.

#32: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:58 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):

I believe what you are seeing is fix for a CC5 bug/feature/problem where you could assign support to unit on a map that allowed support but then you ordered that BG to move inland and got support on a map that wasn't supposed to get support. Now when you direct a BG to move inland to map where support is not allowed support is removed.... Sounds to me like your asking for an enhancement which allows defensive fire support in case a BG can not advance inland as ordered.... Though if they were ordered inland the assigned support most likely would be for the area they planned to advance into not for where they are....

Last edited by Tejszd on Fri May 29, 2009 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

#33: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:40 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):

I believe you are seeing is fix for a CC5 bug/feature/problem where you could assign support to unit on a map that allowed support but then you ordered that BG to move inland and got support on a map that wasn't supposed to get support. Now when you direct a BG to move inland to map where support is not allowed support is removed.... Sounds to me like your asking for an enhancement which allows defensive fire support in case a BG can not advance inland as ordered.... Though if they were ordered inland the assigned support most likely would be for the area they planned to advance into not for where they are....

Well "defensive fire" works when you assign arty or air and get cut off during a move. So the mechanics of it are there, just not working for naval because inland maps cannot recieve it.

#34: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: cobra1983Location: Tuscany, Italy PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:32 pm
    —
Hi guys! I have a CTD problem. I'm playing CC on my notebook with 1440x900 resolution. No problem till i have to play the battle in Amfreville, on the first day of the GC. After the "Allies attack" screen it crashes to desktop. I tried using 800x600, and everything went fine, but it really sucks this way! :)

EDIT: It seems to work fine with resolutions up to 1280x800. With larger resolutions it crashes to desktop loading the Amfreville map.

#35: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:29 pm
    —
Amfreville  is the second smallest map.

Try Point du Hoc battle , the smalleest map.. see if that behaves the same.

And Bayeaux the next one up...

All the maps play on higher resolutions so I wonder what's up with your system...

#36: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:34 pm
    —
I run at 1440x900 and for Amfreville the screen auto resizes to display the map.

#37: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: cobra1983Location: Tuscany, Italy PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:25 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Amfreville  is the second smallest map.

Try Point du Hoc battle , the smalleest map.. see if that behaves the same.

And Bayeaux the next one up...

All the maps play on higher resolutions so I wonder what's up with your system...

I tried both the maps you told me at 1440x900, and everything went fine, then i tried again Amfreville and... got a crash to desktop.

My system:

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo T7500
RAM: 4 GB DDR2
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB

Last edited by cobra1983 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total

#38: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:17 pm
    —
I play at 1680x1050...no crashes for smaller maps (incl. Amfreville)...they're displayed with black borders on the left and right.

#39: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:51 am
    —
I found one of the secrets on how a rerelease can be released so quickly. It was done by the cut and paste club! You will have to zoom in to see it. The "scar" can be noticed from the very left edge to the right edge of the map. Theres another one going through the parachute on the right. I just got tired of seeing the lines, at first I thought maybe it was just one map, but noticing them more often now.

Also noticed coding problems on La Fiere Causeway in the upper left corner. Team was firing down (lengthwise) multiple hedges, about 60m of them.

cutnpaste.JPG
 Description:
St. Marie Du Mont
 Filesize:  177.39 KB
 Viewed:  21802 Time(s)

cutnpaste.JPG

#40: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:35 am
    —
Wow...nice find, Mooxe!
That looks really ugly and rushed...a few minutes on photoshop would have cleaned that up.
Let me know which other maps have these ugly cut-and-paste effect...I want to clean them up on my install.
As for coding errors...has anyone gotten around to checking the map coding with 5CC.
BTW, is the official CCTLD element file converted for 5CC available for download? Or do we have to convert it ourselves?

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 12