The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#41: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am
    —
It is included when you DL the latest version of 5CC... I believe.

#42: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:47 am
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
It is included when you DL the latest version of 5CC... I believe.

Nope! 5CC's latest version = v1.14, released May 2009.
The latest TerrainElementTables added is CCWaRElements.txt...no CCTLD elements table conversion.

#43: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:33 pm
    —
Forward thinking included all tLD elements in the WaR Elements.txt file.

If you are have the latest 5cc you are ready to go.

#44: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:11 pm
    —
Thanks for the heads up about the elements file, Shreckie!

Cross-post from the Matrix forum:

A closer look at Hedgerow coding...

Hedgerows coding on new maps are different from the original CC5 maps (which are also included in CCTLD).
On the original CC5 maps (and the GJS maps), Hedgerows are coded with raised elevation (to represent the raised earth/mounds they were planted on).  On the new CCTLD maps, Hedgerows are on level ground...without elevation coding...also (new) Bocage element is usually added in the center of Hedgerows.

Anyone notice this? On the new maps it's easier to get LOS through Hedgerows 'cause they're not as high as Hedgerows on the original maps?

Original maps:

New map:

#45: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:05 pm
    —
But that map is a CC5 map and there are reports of LOS through that diagonal hedgerow??????

#46: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:04 am
    —
But that map is a CC5 map and there are reports of LOS through that diagonal hedgerow??????

You mean La Fiere Causeway AKA Mederet above?
The LOS through that diagonal hedgerow is only possible in CCTLD (incl. CCTLD Classic CC5).

Try the Mederet map in stock CC5 and you won't be able to reproduce the LOS anomaly...a bug in the new exe or CCTLD elements file issue?
The map coding AFAIK is exactly the same.

#47: CCTLD Custom French Commando Ranks Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:06 am
    —
I've been kept busy with PJ's CC5: SOC v1.2 and my current CCTLD multiple Ops...but finally spared some time to go back to this 'project'.
Took a while to find a design that's easily identifiable as "ranks worn between the 2nd and 3rd button".
Latest revision...and should be the final version.

In game screenshot:

#48: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:06 am
    —
Way to go squadleader_id they look good!!!

#49: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):

Thanks, Tejszd!
I'm also planning a small fix for the German Panzer crew ranks when I have time...maybe also German Assault Gun crew ranks with historical uniforms (Assault Gun wrap).
Panzer crew ranks will be just gadget updates...but Assault Gun ranks will need some minor teams data editing.

#50: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: Flamethrower PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:14 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):

ditto - nice work!

#51: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: 7A_Bjorn PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:15 am
    —
squadleader - will the french commando ranks be part of a file we can download here at CCS?

Nice work.

#52: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:33 am
    —
Glad you like them, Guys...
Actually the French Commando ranks might be included in the official patch (along with Brit Para ranks - feat Denison Smock camo design)...but I'm not 100% sure...Jim's calling the shots on this one  Wink
IMO this a 'more efficient route of distributing them'...rather than making them available via a separate graphic/gadget sub-mod.

If you know how to fiddle with the CCTLD gadget files (use GadgetMunger)...I can send you the gadget files to test out...just send me a PM.

BTW, my next CCTLD gadget project is this one:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7162

#53: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:24 am
    —
How is it possible for this Brittish Bren team to take out my Gun through 3 - 4 buildings? maybe they have 20 mm Lahti AT ammunition in their Bren MG....  just asking.. Rolling Eyes

Mats

hur i helvete!.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  114.21 KB
 Viewed:  20539 Time(s)

hur i helvete!.JPG

Image1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.27 KB
 Viewed:  20540 Time(s)

Image1.jpg

#54: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: Priapus PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:52 am
    —
Just bought the game yesterday and noticed that whilst playing the Omaha operation as the Axis, troops I place inside the bunkers are unable to get an LOS onto the beach. This makes the bunkers next to useless. Am I incorrectly placing my troops? Is this issue also present in the GC? Overall I'm thoroughly impressed. The AI's very daring, if not slightly suicidal at times. Maps are superb aswell.

#55: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:27 am
    —
For maps like Dog Green the LOS from the bunkers is along the beach not directly out to sea.

This was to protect the emplacements from naval gunfire and to give the emplaced troops a devastating Line of Fire all the way down the beach.

#56: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: Priapus PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:39 am
    —
For maps like Dog Green the LOS from the bunkers is along the beach not directly out to sea.

This was to protect the emplacements from naval gunfire and to give the emplaced troops a devastating Line of Fire all the way down the beach.

Yes, but my troops only have an LOS of 2 or 3 metres before its inexplicably blocked.

#57: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:17 am
    —
??

Any more info?

A0075.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.44 MB
 Viewed:  20411 Time(s)

A0075.jpg

#58: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: Priapus PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:14 pm
    —
Sorry, I thought I would be able to shoot directly onto the beach from the front of those bunkers.

#59: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:13 pm
    —
I have noticed that company leaders are lower in rank than Platoonleaders if you don't put them as the leader of 1st platoon...  Shocked
so what's the difference between them exempt team and weapon config?
I should think that Cie leaders radius is bigger than those of a Pl commander

#60: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:02 pm
    —
look at the difference in deployment zones in the game en on the map in the left corner  Confused

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  332.97 KB
 Viewed:  20345 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
Page 3 of 12