Not a political post in any way!!!!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:51 pm
    —
Maybe it's just me being too attentive to detail, but I found this quite funny Very Happy

In the UK at the moment we are heading towards some elections and are getting all the usual leflets through the door. One arrived yesterday from the BNP. For those that dont know the British National Party are "pro Britain", Britain for the British- everyone else out Rolling Eyes

Anyway the main message of this leaflet was british jobs for british workers. What I fonund interesting was the tag line accross the top:
"The New Battle of Britain" with a lovely photograph of a Spitfire.........from what appears to be a Polish squadron! LOOOL Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq246/HawkerHart/DSCN2896.jpg

#2: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: UKCinCLocation: UK Chichester PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:47 pm
    —
I've jest seen that, and your right it is polish.

#3: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: Therion PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:24 pm
    —
They still haven't changed the image of the plane? I heard about it about half a year ago.

#4: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:20 pm
    —
I was sent it too.

HawkerHart wrote (View Post):
In the UK at the moment we are heading towards some elections and are getting all the usual leflets through the door.

... but isn't the whole EU heading for elections?

#5: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:36 pm
    —
Well they're elections for the European Parliament so the whole of the EU probably are voting, but I don't know for certain. And they wont be getting many BNP leaflets through their doors. Wink

#6: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: flick PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:25 pm
    —
What I hate is that the BNP claims to be proud of my country, but I'll bet you a shiny monkey if this was 1939 and they were in government...I dread to think.

#7: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:39 pm
    —
flick wrote (View Post):
if this was 1939 and they were in government...I dread to think.

A somewhat earlier European Union with slightly different human rights policies?

#8: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: Therion PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:02 pm
    —
Laughing

Anyway, remember about the voting for the Telecom Packet after the elections.

#9: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: flick PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:52 am
    —
CSO_Talorgan wrote (View Post):
flick wrote (View Post):
if this was 1939 and they were in government...I dread to think.

A somewhat earlier European Union with slightly different human rights policies?

Slightly different, yes.

#10: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:04 pm
    —
Does anyone here actually *feel* European?

#11: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:41 pm
    —
I feel European, but I don't like EU.

#12: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:50 pm
    —
Therion wrote (View Post):
I feel European

I suppose being on the Continent will make you feel part of the whole grand endeavour.

#13: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:06 pm
    —
I dont feel European at all. And to be honest at the mo it just seems like a big waste of money, especially with the whole expenses thing. Ever wanted a full yearly salary PLUS extra money each day for actually turning up at "work" - then become a euro MP Mad

Although, imagine the football team that could be fielded as the "European team" Very Happy

#14: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:01 pm
    —
HawkerHart wrote (View Post):
Although, imagine the football team that could be fielded as the "European team" Very Happy

It would be impossible as most of big football teams probably have Americans and Africans in them Razz .

#15: Re: Not a political post in any way!!!! Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:02 pm
    —
The worst thing is that central European power can pass stupid laws for all European countries. German assault on computer games in 2006, anyone?

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1