So if N Korea started a land war..
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: So if N Korea started a land war.. Author: flick PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:57 am
    —
What shape are the different armies in?

I know the south is pretty modern, with strong US airforce and navy support. But the north have a million men and a potential for seven million half-trained civillians. (is that right?)

But let's be honest here, they've lost the element for surprise and the north cannot feed it's own people and bring in a harvest...I can't see them supporting the massive logistical nightmare that is an armed invasion.

Only a leader totally divorced from reality would attempt it. Er.. Shocked

ps I imagine the north has the usual chinese/old russian equipment, that has been floating around the 3rd world for the last 20 years?

#2: Re: So if N Korea started a land war.. Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:07 am
    —
doubt any land war will happen - that's just another cry of NK for US "supply us with energy and food"!

in case it happen, SK will win but with alot of casualties, especially for civis, as NK can bombard most of the SK cities including Seoul with rockets.

#3: Re: So if N Korea started a land war.. Author: flick PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:40 am
    —
Yeah Seoul is right in the path of it's arty.

I agree, the north has low self-esteem and even less food. They want to be taked seriously and I fear more sanctions will make them more desperate.

#4: Re: So if N Korea started a land war.. Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:35 pm
    —
I once heard an American veteran say that the purpose of the U.S. garrison in Korea was to stop the South Koreans going north and kicking butt!

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1