Kudos on the community!!!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Kudos on the community!!! Author: d6veteran PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:39 am
    —
I've been playing CC since the day the first game came out (CC1). I was pretty bummed when Atomic bowed out, but I kept playing for a long time ... then the community kinda died out. I saved all the downloads I could for archiving.

Yesterday I set up two machines to play CC with a friend and couldn't get GJS to install on the other machine since I lost the plugin manager.

What do you know ... the CC community is alive and kicking!! I mean this is 10x the community site than we have 6 years ago!

Great job!

I can't believe the greatest game of all time has never been redeveloped since CC5. All those crappy ww2 games keep coming out ... lol.

#2: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:41 am
    —
u have to get ur butt into www.gamespy.com thats where all the cc5 players hang out nowadays.

#3:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:58 pm
    —
And every days look some new or older guys coming back to CCV room Smile

#4:  Author: d6veteran PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:54 pm
    —
The last time I played online was via the MSN Gaming zone.

I tried GameSpy late last night but the old ip technology of this game doesn't like my router.

Gonna try to find out which ports needs to be opened up and see if that works. I assume with so many people behind routers nowadays that there is definitely a work around for this game. Let me know if there is a post addressing this. Thanks!!

Again, really nice site. I just upgraded my GJS mod and it is FANTASTIC!!

#5:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:15 pm
    —
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=712

#6:  Author: ThatoneguyLocation: California PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:33 am
    —
Just curious... do you have to pay to be on gamespy or is it free? It makes it seem like you cant have the free basic membership. Is there a link to get the free one?

#7: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:06 am
    —
gamespy is free u can pay to have adds removed.
i dont pay and i hardly get adds as i know a way around it.
when u go to gamespy finding the free version to d/l is not blatantly easy.
u have to look closely to find the play now button then it will give u 3 choices,choose the ad supported version (basic) that is free.

#8:  Author: d6veteran PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:07 am
    —
It is free for the basic service.

https://www.gamespyid.com/index.aspx

#9: Re: mmm Author: FFL_KklinkkLocation: Austin, Texas PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:19 am
    —
ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
...i dont pay and i hardly get adds as i know a way around it.

would you share this information with annoyed Gamespy non-paying customers such as myself ? Wink

#10: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:19 pm
    —
ok when i log into gamespy,i hover my mouse button over the close combat icon that appears in a list for selection.
while this is happening the page is loading quite a lot of graphics,before the main gamespy add pops up which usually stays up for about 15 to 20 seconds
when the graphics load with ur mouse over the cc icon,watching the loading icon on ur mouse.it will momentarily stop before the gamespy add pops up,that is the moment to click on CC icon,which will throw up the next window where u click on cc5 lobby be4 the page gets the chance to load.
tell me if this works for u as i have been doing it for 2 years now
havent learnt how to avoid the ad after a game yet.

#11:  Author: TheExecutioner PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:35 pm
    —
Very nice place you got here. I just wanted to say hi. I love these games and I'm waiting to get First To Fight.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1