Is this game ever going to be freeware?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

#1: Is this game ever going to be freeware? Author: flick PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:39 pm
    —
Speaking as someone who has COI and most of the other CC games, does this game sell ANY copies still?

It would be great PR move, to give this game away. Much like that uber special version of steel panthers that you can get for free.

If there is a steady flow of buyers, then fair enough, I'm wrong....but I'd of thought by now, this game is gathering dust.

#2: Re: Is this game ever going to be freeware? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:49 pm
    —
My understanding is that sales are steady.

And I guess this is the beauty of Matrixgames' online sales model.

Copies don't gather dust and will always be available for purchase and Download.

The downside is you have to know about Matrixgames, but any google search of Close Combat has them pop into a potential players field of view.

#3: Re: Is this game ever going to be freeware? Author: flick PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:33 pm
    —
So people buy it over COI still? I guess it must be cheaper.

#4: Re: Is this game ever going to be freeware? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:38 pm
    —
Sorry I misunderstood.

CoI is  a re-release of CC3

Destineer owns the rights to CC3 and CoI

I don't believe You can buy CC3 any longer as no one is producing disks of it.... someone may have some old stock in a back room some where though.

CC3 code can only be distributed if an agreement has been reached with Destineer.

Currently Matrixgames are licenced to distribute CC3/CoI

#5: Re: Is this game ever going to be freeware? Author: flick PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:42 am
    —
Yeah, that's what I was asking. If it's so old and dusty, and not worth selling..then we could get a shareware version.

#6: Re: Is this game ever going to be freeware? Author: fruitbar PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:50 am
    —
i heard COI although name and some features is better however it sux because of something like rockets are missing??

i suppose maybe qclone and inserting rockets might fix that. or replace the mortar on the halftrack with a rocket or power of a rocket maybe using the panzerschreck or bazooka as what the weapon looks like just like the us calliope rocket in cc4 battle of bulge

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1