what if....
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: what if.... Author: fruitbar PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:01 pm
    —
the Germans actually had beaten Russia..and then its us the western allies US and Britain versus the Germans??

any thoughts what might of happen including on the world today??

#2: Re: what if.... Author: Therion PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:57 pm
    —
It would be a problem because it would obviously need to be some other Germany.

#3: Re: what if.... Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:08 pm
    —
You should rather think about hat the world would look like now if the Western Allies supported Germany against the Russians! Very interesting how this would have worked out politically. After the death of Hitler or with him still alive? Just another thought...

#4: Re: what if.... Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:56 pm
    —
I'm thinking that Britain would have eventually been succesfully invaded, or made peace. And then a stalemate do to the distances involved. Cant see the US/Australia/NZ launching an invaision from their own shores. But then would they need to? Prehaps an atomic strike on Berlin?
Would Germany have turned on Japan?

So many possibles.

#5: Re: what if.... Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:30 am
    —
What about June 15th 1940 Joe says to Beria and Zhukov "things look quiet across in what used to be poland.  lets visit Berlin while Adolf is busy in France."

#6: Re: what if.... Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:12 am
    —
No, it wouldn't serve fantasies about Nazi victory very well.

Anyway, what if Poland in 1939 would have heavy tank divisions, big airforce, a lot of radios and would employ the combined arms doctrine? Debate.

#7: Re: what if.... Author: fruitbar PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:34 pm
    —
GS_Schimpf wrote (View Post):
You should rather think about hat the world would look like now if the Western Allies supported Germany against the Russians! Very interesting how this would have worked out politically. After the death of Hitler or with him still alive? Just another thought...
yeah that was another thought i had too. what if everyone decided Stalin is more fucked up than Hitler??

i mean im not here to preach anything or whatever but the story goes 'i think Stalin was the biggest fuck up in the world. i mean..come on. running around starting communism and shit with the Bolsheviks..the BULL-SHIT-VIKS!'

#8: Re: what if.... Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:17 pm
    —
Nazi government needed dismantling anyway, and taking in account their racist genocidal policies, Nurumberg lynch would be needed anyway.

Some time ago I thought about a plot of a Weird War III game, and it involved Hitler getting assasinated Germany surrendering to western allies only and Soviets invading Germany in 50s.

#9: Re: what if.... Author: God4SakenLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:45 am
    —
Hello everyone, if you want to read a good "What if..." novel on this subject, see if you can find a copy of the 1992 bestselling book "Fatherland" by author Robert Harris. It depicts a alternate world in 1964 where Nazi Germany had conquered Europe (They successfully invaded England, forced the USA out of the war and occupied all of the USSR west of the Ural mountains) and won WW2. The Nazis are about to celebrate Hitler's 75th birthday and are in a cold war with the USA, yet want to host a historic peace conference with US President Joseph Kennedy (JFK's old man who was US ambassodor to Britain during the 1940's). They even made it into a film with Rutger Hauer, but the book was much better.

#10: Re: what if.... Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:40 am
    —
Yeah the novel 'Fatherland' is indeed a very well written book. If you like those 'what if'-stories it's a must-read.

#11: Re: what if.... Author: fruitbar PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:55 pm
    —
check out these screenshots of an amazingly overwhelming victory i did with the germans just by the grand campaign in operation barbarossa. if the germans did something like this in real life, the soviet union and perhaps stalin and communism would of likely be a write-off.

the campaign was so easy. all i really needed to do was to upgrade my commander to the best tank commander and destroy the enemy at weapons and armor and the rest was easy.

yes i was able to ambush and destroy a T34 and KV II with a Mark IIIH. i didnt think with either one i would of made it. both of them even turned their front towards me just when i destroyed them.

after the tanks and at capability were destroyed. thats when they started offering truce and the next moment they flee.

overwhelming victory.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.29 KB
 Viewed:  7147 Time(s)

overwhelming victory.JPG

victory.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.65 KB

victory.JPG

kills.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.09 KB

kills.JPG

#12: Re: what if.... Author: Therion PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:04 pm
    —
fruitbar wrote (View Post):
check out these screenshots of an amazingly overwhelming victory i did with the germans just by the grand campaign in operation barbarossa. if the germans did something like this in real life, the soviet union and perhaps stalin and communism would of likely be a write-off.

Yeah, and Germans would still be racist shitheads. But maybe if Russians would loose, Nazis would get a taste of atom bomb Twisted Evil

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1