failed installation of gjs
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: failed installation of gjs Author: bizmarta PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:19 pm
    —
after following all the instructions at the moment of double clicking on config manager gjs it displays the following message: "failed to copy C:\SSIClose Combat Invasion Normandy\CC5.exe to System\Original\CC5.exe because C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\CC5.exe does not exist"...someone can help me please?

#2: Re: failed installation of gjs Author: gotinjteevs PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:57 am
    —
I always do manual installs, just make a copy of the stock CC5 folder and then take the mod files from the plugin (rename the pln file to zip and you will be able to extract the files) and overwrite the stock files manually.

It will be hard to know what goes where but the "Install" file has a list of mod files and folders where they go.

If you need more info I will post detailed instructions, as I am going to install the GJS mod manually, updating my CC5 mod collection.

#3: Re: failed installation of gjs Author: Iron45 PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:18 pm
    —
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:00 am Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Config manager is trying to copy the files in the Packages folder for GJS. the Packages are produced when you put the plugin into the Plugins folder and then start config manager.
Look in the Packages folder for GJS which you'll find in the Config Manager Systems/Packages folders. There's a package for every plugin. If its empty or doesn't exist then thats your problem.
Did you just place the plugin file into the plugins folder whilst config manager was running? I'm not sure whether it creates a package folder if you do it that way.
I suggest you delete the GJS Package folder if you have one. Then start config manager again. It will take a while to open as it recreates the Package folder. Then try to play the game

#4: Re: failed installation of gjs Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:36 pm
    —
C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\CC5.exe does not exist"

Find where CC5.exe is located and post that information here.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1