soviet afghan war
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

#1: soviet afghan war Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:02 pm
    —
hello,

has anyone created any scenario's for that era or is it even possible.

#2: Re: soviet afghan war Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:00 pm
    —
hi!

Nothing CCMT created but I think that is structured to do so,
many weapons are already represented.
There is a "data work"  of  VDV i Think  with Soviets and Georgians Troops, maybe Ossetia and AbJjasia conflict?

#3: Re: soviet afghan war Author: gotinjteevs PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:40 pm
    —
There are rebel units that can go for mujahideens, and there are soviet equipped army units. You can even have western advisors on the mujahideen side.

Let me know if you start the afghani project, I have some ideas for battlegroup pictures.

It would be not so easy to find info on the Georgian war, some books have been published but they have 100% political propaganda and 0% information on battles, so they are of no use. There are some afghani missions where the army historically failed, so the player can try and do better if he can.

#4: Re: soviet afghan war Author: fliguyman06 PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:21 pm
    —
i have a pdf on soviet combat tactics in afghanistan.  its pretty interesting read, a bit heavy, but it has some scenarios of interest.  shoot me an email at willyb06 [at] gmail [dot] com if you're interested.  Id absolutely love to see a modern mod of CC5 or even MT.

fliguyman06

#5: Re: soviet afghan war Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:45 pm
    —
interesting read:

The Bear Went Over the Mountain: Soviet Combat Tactics in Afghanistan
http://www.ndu.edu/inss/books/Books%...096/BrOrMn.pdf

#6: Re: soviet afghan war Author: Tula PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:14 pm
    —
VDV Russian airborne Mod for CCMT

The above was something I was working on for sometime but then just did not have time to complete. Feel free to use it or any of it's components in any way which you would like. These are bundled as the files only. I have not had the time to bundle it into a swapable mod.

Tula (VDV on some sites)

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1