This is a mistake isnt it?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: This is a mistake isnt it? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:14 pm
    —
Playing as Germans, second turn on june 7, defeted the allies on almost every map, and my progress is worse then historical? this is a CCrecourse dll bug isnt it??

Image1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.32 KB
 Viewed:  4573 Time(s)

Image1.jpg

#2: Re: This is a mistake isnt it? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:33 pm
    —
Hey Sapa,

That doesn't seem to be historical but more what the High Command expected/wanted you to do as the Germans.

This information is no longer in the EXE or DLL but in the campaign.txt;

# Historical Axis score for each turn of each day, one line per day.
# "Score" is a precentage of victory for the Axis. Allied score = 100 - Axis score.

#3: Re: This is a mistake isnt it? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:51 am
    —
Ok! but i dont like it, if i stop the invasion it cant be worse than historical, its my opinion Shocked

Mats

#4: Re: This is a mistake isnt it? Author: sample PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:01 am
    —
Sapa wrote (View Post):
Ok! but i dont like it, if i stop the invasion it cant be worse than historical, its my opinion Shocked

Mats

you've forgot that the Führer always wanted a 'bit' more from his soldiers and generals  Laughing , like winning the war for example

#5: Re: This is a mistake isnt it? Author: Pzt_Serk PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:05 pm
    —
But there is no reference to any objective.  The game does not say anything about sending the allies back to the see and winning the war. All it does is a comparison with historical counterparts.  Wiping the paras out and blocking the landing beaches on june 6 looks better to me than they did historically.

#6: Re: This is a mistake isnt it? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:17 pm
    —
A more accurate text description should probably read.... "You are not doing as well as expected"

or similar to WaR's "The Axis are winning the campaign because they control more VL's  yada yada..."

#7: Re: This is a mistake isnt it? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:16 am
    —
Or the expected percentage could be edited to more closely match history?

Or the expected percentage could be edited to show where two equal players would be for the turn?

Either way anyone can edit the numbers now since they are not within the exe any longer....

#8: Re: This is a mistake isnt it? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:17 am
    —
It really doesent matter..just a detail for me that feels a little odd... Smile

Mats

#9: Re: This is a mistake isnt it? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:40 am
    —
I'd agree with you sap.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1