how long does the grand campaign go for?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#21: Re: how long does the grand campaign go for? Author: DasHoff PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:44 am
    —
do i get new units every day, or just all the landings on the 6th and the couple of new units on the 7th? also do i get any armored units, because the couple of german armored units have a shitload of tanks compared to my inf units ahah

also one more thing, do i get to reinforce my battlegroups like in say GJS?

thanks

#22: Re: how long does the grand campaign go for? Author: Kevin92 PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:26 pm
    —
i would definitly think the GC needs to be extended. In terms of days anyway, because when playing as the Germans the armoured units come too late in the original to have any real impact and i barely got to use them at all.But i did try editing it but it got WAY too confusing...hope someone out there will try to extend the number of days and maybe reduce the number of turns per day.I found that the Allied battle groups got depleted VERY quickly and by the 9th of June were no match for the oncoming panzer forces, but then it ended!!

#23: Re: how long does the grand campaign go for? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:53 am
    —
Kevin92 wrote (View Post):
i would definitly think the GC needs to be extended. In terms of days anyway, because when playing as the Germans the armoured units come too late in the original to have any real impact and i barely got to use them at all.But i did try editing it but it got WAY too confusing...hope someone out there will try to extend the number of days and maybe reduce the number of turns per day.I found that the Allied battle groups got depleted VERY quickly and by the 9th of June were no match for the oncoming panzer forces, but then it ended!!

Another way is go the the senerio editor, open the GC, find out when the german armour arrives.  move it back into the poool, then reassociate it with an earlier time/date.  Okay it'll be ahistoric but you'll get what you want

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2