EVE Online
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: EVE Online Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:10 pm
    —
just bought this for $10 at Walmart. Anyone have it? I would not mind starting a corperation if I end up liking the game...

#2: Re: EVE Online Author: SG_IgorLocation: Serbia PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:27 pm
    —
So... do you like it?

#3: Re: EVE Online Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:33 pm
    —
I think you could have downloaded it for free, it your charged monthly to play.
From what i've read, it its very slow paced and has some framerate issues when there are a lots ships around.
youll have to post how you like it after you've played it a while.

#4: Re: EVE Online Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:57 pm
    —
Its very good. Slow paced yes. There are tons of graphics options to deal with framerate issues, I have not encounted any mass of capital ships and what not. Its difficult to. You gain skills over time, and many people have been playing for so long thier skills are 10x what yours are. For example, for each level of missles you train to, you get a 5% bonus in damage per hit. Its a bit frustrating fighting these people because I could barely put a dent in them, while they were melting my shields, armour and structure away in seconds. Makes me almost wish there was a spot where people of equal skill levels could compete, and the better pilot would emerge the winner. Alternatively you can stay in high security space where player vs player combat is illegal, you can only fight in self defence or against computer controlled AI. Not as fun IMO but 1000's do it because the wild west is too difficult. I have been shot down probably 7 times now and each time I have had to buy a new ship and outfit it with all my weaponry and engineering. I got lucky early and made 30million from selling a rare item, thats floated me quite well through all my shipwrecks.

I am training right now to Level 5 Caldari Cruiser, it will take 57 days to finish training that skill. Thats beyond my free time, I will probably buy a few months after that if I can manage to hold my own in combat. Level 5 Caldari Cruiser will enable me to pilot much more advanced ships, and use more advanced weaponry. Maybe then I will be able to get some PVP kills.

You can easily become absorbed into this game.

#5: Re: EVE Online Author: SG_IgorLocation: Serbia PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:56 am
    —
So basically you are training skills offline, right? No need to grind experience points for levels and such? Because it's the main reason I hate MMOs, tbh.

Also you said you are using missiles, cool. Perhaps there are also guns, artillery...?

#6: Re: EVE Online Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:23 pm
    —
Yes I am training offline. You do not gain experience points for missions, kills etc etc. You do gain skill points for training. Missles, torpedoes, autocannons, artillery, rail guns, gause rifles..... and theres like 10 versions of each type of gun or more. Each doesthree types of damage... Armour, Structure or shields....

You dont even have to fight in this game, you can be a miner, researcher, banker.... tons of jobs.

#7: Re: EVE Online Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:29 pm
    —
One of my friend has played it like 5 years.
He has so bad taste in everything that I won´t even bother to try this game.

#8: Re: EVE Online Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:27 pm
    —
SG_Igor wrote (View Post):
So basically you are training skills offline, right? No need to grind experience points for levels and such? Because it's the main reason I hate MMOs, tbh.

Also you said you are using missiles, cool. Perhaps there are also guns, artillery...?

Since you do not gain experience from PVP, the only point in killing another player is to salvage whatever cargo he had in his ship, and to satisfy ones ego I suppose. Random PVP does not drive this game. There are massive massive massive organisations that battle for control of large parts of space, thats where the game gets seriously fun.

#9: Re: EVE Online Author: SG_IgorLocation: Serbia PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:13 pm
    —
Humm there is a downloadable free trial... guess I will try that thing one of these days, could be fun. Thanks for the replies mate!

#10: Re: EVE Online Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:26 pm
    —
Yeah theres a free trial... You have some restrictions though. You cannot pilot certain ships or train certain skills. Its ok though, its a 21day free trial, you cannot get too far in the game in only three weeks. Igor, my name is MOOXE in the game, send me an ingame email when you join.

#11: Re: EVE Online Author: SG_IgorLocation: Serbia PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:33 pm
    —
Will do that Mooxe. Actually, I am going to d/l the game right away Wink

#12: Re: EVE Online Author: Infidel PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:24 am
    —
My Uncle hammers this game, and has done since it first came out. (we're talking 6 years ago.)

It's caused his wife to want a divorce, him to develop a habit of drinking 3 litres of wine a night while playing, and he spends most of his money on his PC (upgrades etc.)

I played for a few months, but saw myself getting too addicted, so stopped.

It's that good.

#13: Re: EVE Online Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:12 am
    —
I am still playing..........

Anyone else?

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1