Feeling guilty
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Feeling guilty Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:13 pm
    —
Went to Flying Legends on the weekend (a large warbird airshow in the UK) and had saved up enough money to buy me a nice print/picture. Very Happy  Spotted the one I was after, a Battle of Britain scene, but decided to have a look around first. In the next stall something caught my eye. Twas a print called "Angels from Above" and is of the airborne drop during Market Garden. My mind changed, I was going to get that one. Then I noticed, sat in the other corner, 4 members of Easy Company(Compton, Malarkey, Tipper, Freeman), signing stuff.

Now I appreciate that this really was an opportunity not to miss, which is why I had my print signed. These are men that I have the upmost respect for (as I do all war vets) But while I was stood there wathching them sign, I had an overwhelming feeling of guilt. It just seemed as though I was at a circus demending them to do tricks for me, and I felt so very awkward.

Sure they obviously wanted to do it, or they wouldn't have been there, and they were getting paid, but still, it felt so wrong. Embarassed

#2: Re: Feeling guilty Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:16 am
    —
Wow.
I sorta understand. Interesting that all of a sudden you had that play on your conscious.
Its a hard one. I guess it is sorta weird standing in a line to get a signing, and they are payed for it. Mindyou maybe they are more than glad to get the money.
Oh i dont no...

I dont no how how many replys you will get. Its a tough subject., ya no  Wink

#3: Re: Feeling guilty Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:18 am
    —
Oh yea. p.s

I'm in awe of WW2 veterans. Its just so amazing talking to them. Knowing THEY were really there.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1