naval barrage: kill guns in bunkers?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: naval barrage: kill guns in bunkers? Author: DasHoff PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:14 am
    —
hey guys im playing the longest day, just wanna know if its a waste to use my naval barrage against guns in bunkers. i know it owns units in houses

peace

also is it just me, or do guns get spotted instantly? my team mate rages hard, cause as soon as soon as i get LOS on his guns, whether they be in houses bunkers or brush, i spot them instantly. then they got owned pretty hard by mortar or my tanks. in cc3 you could hide your guns in houses, and especially in fields and grass, so theyd be invisible until you basically ran over them. anyone got any tips for hiding guns in cc5/the longest day, or is it just impossible?

#2: Re: naval barrage: kill guns in bunkers? Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:57 pm
    —
DasHoff wrote (View Post):
hey guys im playing the longest day, just wanna know if its a waste to use my naval barrage against guns in bunkers. i know it owns units in houses ?

It is a crap shoot.  While it is possible, but unlikey to destroy the gun or entire crew, near rounds may kill or cripple some of the gun crew.  Or not.  Near rounds may also stun the crew long enough to move some of your units to cover or a better firing position, but you have to act quickly as they will recover in a minute or two.  Just hope that they aren't covered by other positions.

Quote:
also is it just me, or do guns get spotted instantly? my team mate rages hard, cause as soon as soon as i get LOS on his guns, whether they be in houses bunkers or brush, i spot them instantly. then they got owned pretty hard by mortar or my tanks. in cc3 you could hide your guns in houses, and especially in fields and grass, so theyd be invisible until you basically ran over them. anyone got any tips for hiding guns in cc5/the longest day, or is it just impossible?

The basic rule of thumb with guns is to set them on defend or ambush and leave them alone.  Let them do the voodoo that they do so well and do not give them orders to fire.  They will last a long time and get kills on their own.  Ordering an AT gun to fire will get them instantly spotted.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1