cant connect to opponant
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

#1: cant connect to opponant Author: rich1000 PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:12 pm
    —
Hi Techs.
I have been playing Red Storm with my brother via gamespy,for months now.I'm on vista and hes on xp.All has been ok until this week.Now all of a sudden we just cant connect to play.
We can connect to gamespy,he sets the game up as host,i join you see both of us on there.The voice says starting game.The screen goes black......................and nothing.As i have said it was ok afew days ago and could play with no problems .
He has reinstalled red storm,so have i.The firewalls ok.so i dont really know what has gone wrong.Any help would be fantastic.Thanks room in advance.

#2: Re: cant connect to opponant Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:24 pm
    —
Quote:
We can connect to gamespy,he sets the game up as host,i join you see both of us on there.The voice says starting game.The screen goes black......................and nothing

that definetly looks like firewall issue - maybe it was an update of Windows security or anti-vir that set different preferences..
you both should try joining via Hamachi.

#3: Re: cant connect to opponant Author: 7A_Loki PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:05 am
    —
The same has happen to me with Vista all of the sudden can't seem to connect in GS. The funny thing is it's not with all players some I can still connect with. So I disabled my firewall for a guy in Germany that I could not connect with and it worked. I Live In US and I played a player from the US the very next day and did not have to disable my firewall.

So I am not sure what is going on.

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1