Editing terrain graphics and explosions?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Editing terrain graphics and explosions? Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:14 am
    —
I want to edit trenches, trees, craters, explosions, etc.

Is it possible? In what files they are and what graphics software should be used to edit them?

#2: Re: Editing terrain graphics and explosions? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:25 am
    —
Yes it is possible! To change Trees, trenches and crates situated in Graphics/Terrain and to change explosions situated in LocalFX/Effects use this fantastic Mafi tool:

Download CC2Spriter v2.91 for MacOS-X & PC in one package here (2.4 MB) http://home.claranet.de/ftf/

Then you must have a program that could handle 32.bits tga because the images in LocalFX must be saved that way.

/Mats

#3: Re: Editing terrain graphics and explosions? Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:15 pm
    —
What freeware program can do it?

#4: Re: Editing terrain graphics and explosions? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:31 pm
    —
Maybe ive missed the point?

Mafis tool IS freeware!

If you are talking about a program to edit all the TGA;s you need fo example Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photo Shop or something simular and they are not free, sorry!

#5: Re: Editing terrain graphics and explosions? Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:09 pm
    —
Well, having to buy professional graphic tools to make free mods kinda kills the point of it all.

Is Mafi still around? Maybe he could add a 32bit conversion to the RtBTool like he did with 16bit...

#6: Re: Editing terrain graphics and explosions? Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:34 pm
    —
You could try Gimp.  I'm not sure, but I do not think that it will handle a 32 bit targa with an Alpha channel.  And if not, then you are Stuck like Chuck.

#7: Re: Editing terrain graphics and explosions? Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:34 am
    —
Therion, this might do the trick for editing Local.fx

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Editors/TGA-Tool.shtml

cheers

#8: Re: Editing terrain graphics and explosions? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:49 am
    —
Did anyone save the Targa file that was at CSO posted by GI Jones (I think it was)
This would be the older version for Photoshop for viewing these files in PS.

#9: Re: Editing terrain graphics and explosions? Author: Therion PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:39 am
    —
yukongold wrote (View Post):
Therion, this might do the trick for editing Local.fx

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Editors/TGA-Tool.shtml

cheers

Thanks Very Happy .

#10: Re: Editing terrain graphics and explosions? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:19 am
    —
Sorry misstake by me Embarassed  trees, crates,flags and trenches is packed in the Terrain file, not the LocalFX. You can open these with Mafis tool and they are not 32 bits just 16.Its the explosions and smoke packed in the Effects file, these are 32 bits.

Sorry!  / Mats

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1