CC5 Map Scroll problem and possible slight game slow down
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: CC5 Map Scroll problem and possible slight game slow down Author: Blackhole PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:21 am
    —
I just reinstalled cc5 on a newer computer to try to get ready for this saturday. My map scrolling is light speed, even on the slowest setting, and I have a hunch that the game is running slightly slow/laggy. Any suggestions? I am running XP.

#2: Re: CC5 Map Scroll problem and possible slight game slow dow Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:51 am
    —
you will be pleased to find both tLD and WaR (not to mention CoI and CCMT) have addressed this problem and scroll smoothly on modern PC's.

Many other bugs have been fixed as well as many improvements.

cheers

#3: Re: CC5 Map Scroll problem and possible slight game slow dow Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:17 am
    —
Blackhole wrote (View Post):
I just reinstalled cc5 on a newer computer to try to get ready for this saturday. My map scrolling is light speed, even on the slowest setting, and I have a hunch that the game is running slightly slow/laggy. Any suggestions? I am running XP.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=101

Theres a few solutions there. When running CC5 in Win98 compatibility mode it should operate just fine.

#4: Re: CC5 Map Scroll problem and possible slight game slow dow Author: Blackhole PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:32 am
    —
Thanks goes but no dice. I do have a back up plan tho, old laptop. So we will see. Hope to see some of you saturday

#5: Re: CC5 Map Scroll problem and possible slight game slow dow Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:52 am
    —
Blackhole, have you solved this problem yet? The game should run fine on XP with compatibility modes. Try each mode.

#6: Re: CC5 Map Scroll problem and possible slight game slow dow Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:58 pm
    —
Is this solution to this not a combination of Close Combat Starter (for the scrolling problem) and compatibility mode (for the game speed)?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1