Quick Hamachi Question
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Quick Hamachi Question Author: rob86 PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:07 pm
    —
I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing with this Hamachi thing. So one person starts the game, goes to multiplayer - TCP and hosts the game. Then the other person copies the new  IP address Hamachi gives of the person you're going to play with,  and just joins using that IP?

I read the tutorial, just want to make sure  because it was a bit misleading when Hamachi is described as a virtual LAN which made me think i'd use the IPX menu.

Also what are you supposed to do? Send the person a message asking if they want to play and what mods to use if any and who is hosting or just connect to their IP ?

Thanks..

#2: Re: Quick Hamachi Question Author: Priapus PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:10 pm
    —
Yeah, that's about right. I had some trouble intially, fiddled with some settings and prioritised the Hamachi IP and I was away. Very simple to use. Stick which ever games and mods you have in brackets after you alias and message someone if they have a corresponding version.

#3: Re: Quick Hamachi Question Author: rob86 PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:57 pm
    —
I have one mod installed right now  (realred) for CC3, if I was going to play someone without RealRed or another mod I would have to use Config51 to uninstall it first right?

#4: Re: Quick Hamachi Question Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:09 pm
    —
yes... how is RR installed now?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1