CC3 Config51 Error
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: CC3 Config51 Error Author: fortyofforty PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:03 pm
    —
I just installed the 1945 mod and was trying to switch back to RR.  When I right click in Config51 and choose Uninstall, I receive the following error message:

Config51
Failed to copy System\Packages\1945\Elements.org to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Close Combat III\data\base\Elements.txt because System\Packages\1945\Elements.org does not exist

Any suggestions?  It's not that I don't appreciate 1945, but would like to be able to "have it all"!   Question

#2: Re: CC3 Config51 Error Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:46 am
    —
Hi Fortyofforty, welcome to CCS first of all.

The error is correct. The Config Manager cannot find that specified file. First thing you must do is find that file and the folders, ensure they really don't exist, then we know for certain Config manager is not making up lies.

Since a mod botched up part way through, your first course of action is to uninstall CC3, delete the Close Combat III folder and start from scratch. Reinstall, apply patch, apply mod. When you reinstall make sure you specify that CC3 installs to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Close Combat III and nothing else!

#3: Re: CC3 Config51 Error Author: fortyofforty PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:27 am
    —
Thanks, mooxe.  So the missing file is part of the original CC3 and not something missing from the 1945 mod?  Right now the game is back to RR Gold, but with the artwork from 1945.  Go figure.  I might finish my current campaign before monkeying with it again.  Thanks for the suggestion to uninstall and reinstall the original game.

Actually, after searching for the elements.txt file, it is there in CC3, under data\base.  Should I go ahead and replace this txt file with the new txt file?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1