Bootcamp.op Help needed
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Bootcamp.op Help needed Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:29 pm
    —
Hey guys,

I need some advice/help. I was looking at the txt file's but im a bit clue less.... how do these files work? is it possible for me to edit these *.op and *.txt files in order to create playable bootcamp scenarios?

Cheers Buck

#2: Re: Bootcamp.op Help needed Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:18 am
    —
Hi Buck, I had a quick look at these files and it appears that the bootcamp text files are basically a script with some screen coordinates in them as well........shouldn't be too difficult to modify. The bootcamp.op files appear at a glance to follow the same format as the stock battle files. I've mapped out the hex values for the battles, ops and campaigns, so I can look into this further for you. The part that will likely be the biggest pain will be the forcepools........you will need to make sure the teams in the forcepool bootcamp BGs actually exist or crashes will surely occur......and likely drive you nuts! I'm assuming you are modding CCV?

cheers!

#3: Re: Bootcamp.op Help needed Author: MafiLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:41 pm
    —
Hi Buck,

it is not possible to post the text on the forum (special chars confusing my browsers), so take the doc out of the attachement. It is the same text I had mailed to you already...

Mafi

CC2ScriptLanguage.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CC2ScriptLanguage.zip
 Filesize:  1.15 KB
 Downloaded:  237 Time(s)

#4: Re: Bootcamp.op Help needed Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:55 pm
    —
@ Yukongold:

I will have a look at what you told me Wink And yes im busy modding cc5 (for over 5-6 years now) i'm almost done with my first mod...

@ Mafi:

I allready had a look at your txt having some hard time with understanding it ;)

Cheers Buck

#5: Re: Bootcamp.op Help needed Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:19 am
    —
Hi Buck, I will look a bit deeper into the bootcamp.op files and add an example into the workbook I made up for CCV. It may even be possible to make a battle up with the scenario editor, and then just add the .op extension to it, then edit the battlegroup with a bit of hex editing afterward.

cheers

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1