Morale and Grand Campaigns
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Morale and Grand Campaigns Author: Priapus PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:38 am
    —
Why is morale recommended to be on during a GC? I'm playing a h2h GC at the moment and when returning to a map where previously the opponents morale broke, there are many darkened areas surrounding VP's that I was awarded where he can deploy which often leads to immediate slaughter due to us deploying so near each other. Or, even more irritatingly, there'll be a tiny pocket behind my line where it's possible for him to deploy and he'll jam a couple of tanks in there and chaos ensues. This seems bizzarely unrealistic to me. What is the awarding of VP's when morale breaks supposed to represent? A sudden offensive whilst the enemy is unorganised? If so, why isn't a line formed instead?

I'm considering asking my opponent if we can start the GC again with morale off because of the frustrating deployments. I only intially requested that it was turned on because the manual says deactivating it will completely screw up the GC. Is there a rule of thumb about deploying in little uncontrolled pockets dotted around the map i.e. not doing it? I think the existance of secluded deployment pockets could be overcome by increasing the size of the no mans land where neither side can deploy.

Many questions, I need answers.

#2: Re: Morale and Grand Campaigns Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:19 pm
    —
Therefore it is a common rule in H2H play that you may only deploy in areas that are connected to each other.
Only exception from this rule are the paradrop deployment areas which are sometimes separated due to their nature.

#3: Re: Morale and Grand Campaigns Author: Priapus PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:18 pm
    —
Thanks for the reply. I'm bit of a beginner to CC, are there other similiar rules of thumb that are often applied? In response to the one posted above; what if a VL I was awarded when morale broke is not connected to my main deployment area? Is it fair to deploy within that area?

#4: Re: Morale and Grand Campaigns Author: Pzt_Serk PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:09 pm
    —
the H2H rule is usually that you can't deploy in area not connected to one of your VL.  So you should be allowed to do so.

#5: Re: Morale and Grand Campaigns Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:08 am
    —
Although it can be quite risky to deploy in such a surrounded area for obvious reasons.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1