War Movies
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#141: Re: War Movies Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:11 pm
    —
I heard, maybe here, that the Russians had a huge collection of working WW2 Russian/German tanks for the purpose of making films. Anyone else heard that?

#142: Re: War Movies Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:17 pm
    —
Quote:
I heard, maybe here, that the Russians had a huge collection of working WW2 Russian/German tanks for the purpose of making films. Anyone else heard that?

well, there are several mobile WW2 tanks (T34, Hetzer, T70, T60, SU-85, PzIV, etc) in Kubinka tank museum (http://www.tankmuseum.ru/) that they lease to film-makers.
like these:
White Tiger (Belyy Tiger) movie.
T-34s

Burnt by the Sun 2 (Utomlennie solntsem 2)
PzIV from museum on a foreground and T44 made to look like PzIV in the background.

Some immobile WW2 tanks:
BT-5

Matilda II

M3 Lee

nowadays they also make mobile models of WW2 tanks:
Tiger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQmnWwkT1x0&feature=player_embedded
PzIII

#143: Re: War Movies Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:32 pm
    —
What is the name of the European made movie from the 200os that is fairly low budget production that has a Pak40, Hetzer, Stug, SDKFZ 251/1 Ketinkrad and multiple other moving German vehicles in it? It's a decent movie. Was looking for it a little awhile back, but stopped. Mistakenly thought it was another good movie called "Brothers War" but it is not.

Edit again here:

Researched some.. Brothers war does have a Hetzer also, but it's only at the beginning. Just watched it again. Also has a ketinkrad, Schwimwagon, K98, MP40.. Uni's look right and contrary to what many star studded films have (to me) a good story line. Maybe because it's unique, but I really enjoyed it.

It's not the one was thinking of anyway and still looking for that bonanza Axis vehicle movie that's being elusive so far.

Last edited by johnsilver on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

#144: Re: War Movies Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:25 am
    —
johnsilver,

That was "Band of Brothers." That was a GREAT mini series originally on HBO. Now it is a 6-DVD set.

#145: Re: War Movies Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:20 pm
    —
Movie with all those actual vehicles is "Red Rose of Normandy" BTW. Finally found it again. Many have probably already seen it. Low budget, kind of cheesy, but liked it because of all of the vehicles and not that many WW2 movies even made really nowdays.

Tiger 131 made an appearance, Stug 4, Hetzer, Pak 40. That movie was a museum bonanza for us buffs who like to see real equipment.

Like seeing Aberdeen proving grounds in action.

#146: Re: War Movies Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:59 pm
    —
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Da3EgZUA0Y

not whinny Jude law in sight... Nice!

#147: Re: War Movies Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:18 pm
    —
But they got the Fallen Fighters square mixed with the train station.  Laughing

#148: Re: War Movies Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:34 am
    —
Hard to search the entire thread but did anyone mention The Lost Battalion?

Very good movie

#149: Re: War Movies Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:43 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Hard to search the entire thread but did anyone mention The Lost Battalion?

Very good movie

One of my very favorite WW1 movies ever made. Been an awful lot of excellent WW1 movies actually the last 10 years or so. Beneath Hill 60 I rate up there just other that one Michael.

#150: Re: War Movies Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:29 pm
    —
The new Stalingrad movie out. Its done by the same guy who did 9th Company. Its going to suck royally. Reviews are already negative.

#151: Re: War Movies Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:40 pm
    —

I looked up new Stalingrad movie. And this is what i got. I have made no further investigation. Because all i need is this picture.  

I would describe it as lol.

I will now continue too read about it...

***Update,

This is the first Russian movie completely produced with 3D technology

Update: I have not seen it. They say don't judge a book by its cover. But in this case i think you can.

IF this is this is the movie you are referring to. Otherwise post a link.

#152: Re: War Movies Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:53 am
    —
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGk2WZkFCCg

#153: Re: War Movies Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:04 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
The new Stalingrad movie out. Its done by the same guy who did 9th Company. Its going to suck royally. Reviews are already negative.

hey mooxe, I was strongly against the director (Bondarchuk) after 9th Company, but I wastched this movie in IMAX 3d like 2 months ago with my wife and it was good - not a masterpiece but definitely a good war movie.
One should bear in mind that this movie is not about Stalingrad but about people in war - big drama. My wife started to cry during first minutes and couldn;t stop till the end. There was a total silence and just a women sobing in the hall - I've seen such only once, during Brest Fortress movie.

Recommended.

#154: Re: War Movies Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:34 am
    —
Agree! A fantastic Movie :-)

And Germans speak German ;-)

Mats

#155: Re: War Movies Author: tedy28 PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:27 pm
    —
My way

#156: Re: War Movies Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:07 am
    —
Maybe it's been said here already, but has anyone seen "Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter " the German mini series this year? I've seen a few youtube shorts and it looks really good.

#157: Re: War Movies Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:57 am
    —
Yes i have seen the serie and it was real good  Smile

#158: Re: War Movies Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:33 pm
    —
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhmFFtjB2qY  heavy on the CGI but who knows, might be ok

#159: Re: War Movies Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:40 pm
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhmFFtjB2qY  heavy on the CGI but who knows, might be ok

yeah looks pretty cool Smile

#160: Re: War Movies Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:52 pm
    —
Have seen 'unsere mutter, unsere vater' a few days ago...... pfffff..... that's what I call good television
a good story, good actors,... I rank this one easily on the same level as 'all quiet on the WF', 'Band of brothers' or 'Platoon'
It shows war as it is!

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
Page 8 of 10