War Movies
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: War Movies Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:12 pm
    —
Inglorious Basterds... Any good? I am downloading it now, expecting some sort of arcadish castle wolfenstien type movie...

#2: Re: War Movies Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:23 pm
    —
isn't it 'inglourious bastards'?  Laughing

#3: Re: War Movies Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:42 pm
    —
I havent seen it yet.

Not a war movie but I did go see Gamers last night,I thought it was pretty cool.

#4: Re: War Movies Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:26 am
    —
Well I didnt like it....... There wasn't much Nazi Killin' as the hype made it out to be. At first it reminded me of Kelly's Hero's...... then after awhile I just got kind of bored with it. There were no subtitles and 1/2 the movie was either French, German and some Italian. Anyways, its a total fantasy movie, don't believe any, "based on an actual group of jews" bs or anything like that..

#5: Re: War Movies Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:50 pm
    —
I bought these couple of weeks ago:
- The Admiral
- The Wind That Shakes the Barley
- Intimate Enemies
- Glory
- La Grande Illusion

Europeans, check out their prices from Play.com.
Pretty reasonable prices.

#6: Re: War Movies Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 pm
    —
AAAhhh Kellys Heroes... I love that film. Not watched it in ages. Time to dig it out Very Happy

Got a few classics (though ones I seem to have avoided seeing for some reason) the other day for cheap, Apocalypse Now, Hamburger Hill, All quiet on the western front.

#7: Re: War Movies Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:49 pm
    —
HawkerHart wrote (View Post):
AAAhhh Kellys Heroes... I love that film. Not watched it in ages. Time to dig it out Very Happy

Got a few classics (though ones I seem to have avoided seeing for some reason) the other day for cheap, Apocalypse Now, Hamburger Hill, All quiet on the western front.

Kellys Heroes rocks!
Very Happy It´s awesome (for comedy).

Western Front, I prefer the old version made in the 30´s I guess. Have them both on DVD. Good movies.
What about Paths of Glory? Great movie. French should do a revisited version of it.

#8: Re: War Movies Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:53 pm
    —
I´m drinking some aussie red wine now and decided to make a list of all war movies I own on DVD.

USA:
- Platoon
- Casualties of War
- Full Metal Jacket
- Iwo Jima
- Flags of Our Fathers
- All Quiet on Western Front (both)
- Enemy at the Gates
- Paths of Glory
- Glory
- Pianist

Germany:
- Der Untergang
- Stalingrad
- Das Boot

SU/Russia:
- The Admiral
- The Star
- Come And See
- 9th Company

Finland:
- Winter War
- Unknown Soldier (both)
- Under the North Star

Italia:
- Battle of Algiers

France:
- Intimate Enemies
- Very Long Engagement
- La Grande Illusion

Australia:
- Gallipoli

Ireland:
- The Wind That Shakes the Barley

China:
- Assembly

South Korea:
- Brotherhood of War

And Tota Tora Tora

#9: Re: War Movies Author: Tonio50 PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:06 am
    —
The Thin Red Line.....one of the best ever

#10: Re: War Movies Author: McHaraLocation: Madrid PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:49 am
    —
Hey, kelly's heroes is a really good film, I love it, very fun movie and also a realistic belic film. Dont forget another classic: The iron cross Where Clint Eastwood was Sgt. Steiner on the axis side fighting at Crimea against the USSR. Das boot it's nice too, as Platoon. But none of theese movies it's funny such as Kelly's Heroes.

#11: Re: War Movies Author: ErwinSp PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:38 pm
    —
Essential movies for me:

The Iron Cross

Das Boot

Save Private Ryan

Stalingrad

The Battleship Potemkin (avoiding political valorations).

Raza (Spanish civil war movie, very interesting to understand the ideary of Dictactor General Franco in Spain avoiding political valorations too).

#12: Re: War Movies Author: yuma PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:06 pm
    —
McHara wrote (View Post):
Hey, kelly's heroes is a really good film, I love it, very fun movie and also a realistic belic film. Dont forget another classic: The iron cross Where Clint Eastwood was Sgt. Steiner on the axis side fighting at Crimea against the USSR. Das boot it's nice too, as Platoon. But none of theese movies it's funny such as Kelly's Heroes.

that was Richard Burton not Clint Eastwood

#13: Re: War Movies Author: McHaraLocation: Madrid PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:38 pm
    —
yuma wrote (View Post):

that was Richard Burton not Clint Eastwood

It's true, wasn't Clint Easwod. Really it was James Coburn no R. Burton
And the name of the english version is't iron cross, it's "Cross of Iron"
Cross of Iron begining and main song

#14: Re: War Movies Author: yuma PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:35 pm
    —
ahhh ok...there was another movie called Iron Cross with Richard Burton as the sergeant
set in Italy I think....

#15: Re: War Movies Author: yuma PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:41 pm
    —
which I see the name has been changed to "breakthrough" when it was re-released

#16: Re: War Movies Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:08 pm
    —
Gung Ho!

Robert Mitchum as "Pig Iron"

Pocket mod Forum! Wink

#17: Re: War Movies Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:42 pm
    —
Ordered these today:
- A Bridge Too Far
- The Great Escape
- Battle Of Britain
- Empire Of The Sun
- Hidden Agenda
- Kokoda
- Zulu

#18: Re: War Movies Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:53 pm
    —
Empire of the Sun is one of my all time favorites. It's about a young boy growing up & lost in the Japanese internment camps. Like a coming of age story. I watched it as a boy and even then many of my interests were in WW2 history so this movie was perfect for me. When my son gets older I plan on showing him this film.

The young boy is Christian Bale, directed by Steven Speilberg. If you have not see it, go do it now! Heart wrenching ended.

#19: Re: War Movies Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:00 pm
    —
Yeah have seen it.
I only buy movies I have seen and think are worth buying.

#20: Re: War Movies Author: McHaraLocation: Madrid PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:10 am
    —
I think that you're focused on infantry war movies. There's a good film about the crew of a Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, I've found it online and going to see right now. The film may be know by many of you, It's called "The Memphis Belle".

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 10