Normandy,then and now.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Normandy,then and now. Author: rufus PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:10 pm
    —
Hi all

these are a great set of then and now photo's of the normandy campaign that i thought was worth sharing.hope you enjoy them.

http://fishki.net/comment.php?id=56788

be patient photo heavy.

#2: Re: Normandy,then and now. Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:28 pm
    —
Nice pics, thanks for the link.
I always love watching old pics compared to present time.
Cool to see some places I have visited personally
I wonder how many years french will tolerate yankees&british hooligans every D-Day.

What do you think? How many of them were germans lovers?

#3: Re: Normandy,then and now. Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:26 pm
    —
Interesting photos... thanks.

#4: Re: Normandy,then and now. Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:11 am
    —
I think many of you will already know of this but worth mentioning anyway.If you like those then and now shots, then After the battle is a pretty good read. A quarterly magazine about £4 here in the uk. Pretty sure its available in other parts of the world too. The same people do books as well. I have the DDay ones and Panzers in Normandy.
Have a look
After the Battle

#5: Re: Normandy,then and now. Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:14 am
    —
http://thirdreichruins.com/

I know I'v spammed this a few times already.... just like the site above but only about Germans.

#6: Re: Normandy,then and now. Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:09 pm
    —
HawkerHart wrote (View Post):
I think many of you will already know of this but worth mentioning anyway.If you like those then and now shots, then After the battle is a pretty good read. A quarterly magazine about £4 here in the uk. Pretty sure its available in other parts of the world too. The same people do books as well. I have the DDay ones and Panzers in Normandy.
Have a look
After the Battle

Interesting magazine.
It is always better if you have those pictures concretely in your hands.

Can´t find that mag in Finland, but if it´s possible to order one here I would be pleased (they have horrible website).

mooxe wrote (View Post):
http://thirdreichruins.com/

I know I'v spammed this a few times already.... just like the site above but only about Germans.

That is a really cool website. Used it when I went to Nürnberg.

#7: Re: Normandy,then and now. Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:17 pm
    —
Well it gives prices for annual subcriptions for UK, Europe, and Non Europe here so I should think you could get hold of it.
Plus an email address for queries and comments here

And your right- horrible website.

#8: Re: Normandy,then and now. Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:41 pm
    —
HawkerHart wrote (View Post):
Well it gives prices for annual subcriptions for UK, Europe, and Non Europe here so I should think you could get hold of it.
Plus an email address for queries and comments here

And your right- horrible website.

Thanks mate.
I´m gonna order that 100th version.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1