Installing Close Combat IV on Vista
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Installing Close Combat IV on Vista Author: Generic PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:52 pm
    —
I had a ton of trouble installing this on vista, no probs with any of the other CC games 1-5 though. Just posting here in the hope that someone else has a fix for me...maybe. I've tried running in every compatability mode ever, but regardless setup.exe on the cd won't run. When you execute it, it looks as if it's loading then stops. It says in task manager using 1-2MB of memory, unchanging.

Hopefully one of you guys has overcome this same problem...thanks in advance!

#2: Re: Installing Close Combat IV on Vista Author: Generic PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:26 pm
    —
Okay, to answer my own question: Install it in Safe mode (to do this, restart your computer and hold down F8 after your BIOS)

You may have an error involving ir50_32.dll when trying to install- if you do, go to C:\Windows\System32 and rename this to ir50_32.dll.back (You may have to Take Ownership to do this). I believe this file is created by CC installations, and you'll probably only have this error if you have other CC games installed. CC4 will create it's own version of this file.

Make sure you run your shortcut in XP compatability, and hey presto: after an hour or so of hair pulling it finally works!

Hope this helps out someone else with the same problem.

#3: Re: Installing Close Combat IV on Vista Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:04 am
    —
Generic, welcome to the site, and thank you for posting a follow up on your solution. I am sure it will help other people in the future.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1