Your opinion about VL flags
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Karelia

#1: Your opinion about VL flags Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:24 pm
    —
Tried to change it to something different besides national flags, whats you opinion?

(YES:the finns are using their version of the swastika, they used that long before the man from germany "borrowed it")

Mats

Opinion.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  211.13 KB
 Viewed:  8070 Time(s)

Opinion.jpg

#2: Re: Your opinion about VL flags Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:08 pm
    —
Hmmm, I would say make the swastikas a bit smaller. Oherwise great! Very Happy

#3: Re: Your opinion about VL flags Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:55 pm
    —
I think you have some size and possibly some transparency issues going on there.  I am no kind of graphics wizard, but I can do them quite well at times.  PM me with your files and I'll see if I can help you out on the missing portions.

#4: Re: Your opinion about VL flags Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:33 am
    —
Looks good.
What mod is that?

#5: Re: Your opinion about VL flags Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:39 pm
    —
Senior_Drill wrote (View Post):
I think you have some size and possibly some transparency issues going on there.  I am no kind of graphics wizard, but I can do them quite well at times.  PM me with your files and I'll see if I can help you out on the missing portions.

I am not really sure what you mean? The edited images is the ones you see, discovered that if you make for example a swastika with white background the game will wright over with the other nations flag and you will see both images Mad

Because of that you will have to use an image with no transparent background and then your back to the flags again :evil:

Mats

Image1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.72 KB
 Viewed:  8006 Time(s)

Image1.jpg

#6: Re: Your opinion about VL flags Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:07 pm
    —
White = transparent, if you use an off white if will still look white without being transparent. I can't remember how off white it must be but I guess RGB 250 250 250 may work if not RGB 245 245 245.

#7: Re: Your opinion about VL flags Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:19 am
    —
Ah! I'm sorry, Sapa, I misunderstood.  I thought you were having a problem with transparency.  Papa_whiskey is correct.  The game treats RGB 255 255 255 to RGB 251 251 251 (the Atomic default) as transparent in any of the graphics.  I use RGB 247 247 247 as white.  It is white enough and doesn't "shine" at times like 248, 249 and 250 can when contrasted next to a dark color.

#8: Re: Your opinion about VL flags Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:42 pm
    —
Sapa,

Non-flag symbols look fine on the zoomed out view but the combat map needs flags!

Senior Drill,

When you go above 245, 245, 245 the whole image becomes badly distorted. It's quite different from the first image shown above.

Cheers!

#9: Re: Your opinion about VL flags Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:32 am
    —
Yea i agree! I will use the reworked flags in the latest picture, was just thinking of making something different Razz

Cheers Mats

#10: Re: Your opinion about VL flags Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:04 pm
    —
Sapa wrote (View Post):
was just thinking of making something different

Yes.

I should not be so negative and critical.

Nothing venture, nothing win.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Karelia

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1