Modding a map in Wacht am Rhein
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Modding a map in Wacht am Rhein Author: wallach79 PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:26 pm
    —
I'm not a great modder.  What I managed to do until now is just data modding but graphics and maps especially are something virgin for me. Smile No, I do not want to create new maps, I just respect the guys who do that because I heard it takes a lot of work and time. But playing Wacht am Rhein I discovered that on Malmedy map there is a bug when playing with AI: the banks of the river are so closed on one area that the AI tends to cross the river but there it is DEEP WATER element. So I need to replace "deep water" with "shallow water" in that area. If you could tell me the steps and the tools needed I would be gratefull. Wink

#2: Re: Modding a map in Wacht am Rhein Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:14 pm
    —
Grab 5CC (I think the newest verions is here) load up the map and all associated files.  Change the region of elements from deep to shallow save the txt file.  You should probably generate a new LOS though for a water to water exchange it's probably not nessecary.

bear in mind this will throw up issues if you try to play H2H I think

#3: Re: Modding a map in Wacht am Rhein Author: wallach79 PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:43 pm
    —
Thanks mate ! It works.

#4: Re: Modding a map in Wacht am Rhein Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:52 pm
    —
You may come across this problem a few more times.
I suggest having 2 map folders.
One for the AI with little or no Deep Water and One for H2H with originally codded maps.
A Steep Slope can also sometimes cause problems for the AI.
Always back up your originals before editing.

#5: Re: Modding a map in Wacht am Rhein Author: wallach79 PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:13 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
You may come across this problem a few more times.
I suggest having 2 map folders.
One for the AI with little or no Deep Water and One for H2H with originally codded maps.
A Steep Slope can also sometimes cause problems for the AI.
Always back up your originals before editing.

Yeah, that's a good idea. The Ardennes terain was historically difficult but we could do the maps a little bit easier to cross given the "smart" CC AI.

#6: Re: Modding a map in Wacht am Rhein Author: RD_TG_JagerLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:41 pm
    —
Was there not a guide to painting CC maps using Adobe Photo Shop. I remember looking at these around 2003, I think southernland wrote the manual. Are there updated documents on using these tools?

#7: Re: Modding a map in Wacht am Rhein Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:28 pm
    —
http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ClassicCC/MapMaking/index.html

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ClassicCC/dodamtutorials/index.html

#8: Re: Modding a map in Wacht am Rhein Author: RD_TG_JagerLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:35 pm
    —
TYVM

#9: Re: Modding a map in Wacht am Rhein Author: yuma PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:54 pm
    —
Does 3C work with maps from WAR and TLD?

#10: Re: Modding a map in Wacht am Rhein Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:06 pm
    —
3c can do everything except create a LOS file.

It can't handle the large number of elements available.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1