Effect of range on base accuracy
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Effect of range on base accuracy Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:44 am
    —
Could somebody remind me what is the effect of PB, close, medium, long on base accuracy of weapons. I think PB is no effect but can't remember the rest.

Many thanks in advance.

#2: Re: Effect of range on base accuracy Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:08 am
    —
OK got the answer from http://users.stargate.net/~mcconmy/probability.htm

Modifier on the 512 table is PB = 1 Close = 5/8 Mid = 3/8 Long = 1/8

Which on a Base accuracy of 398 equates to Probability of a hit of approximately PB= 90% Close = 41% Mid=11.4 Long=2.3% .

I calculated these using a logistic growth function. This function produces results a little different to quoted in the Chances table of the workbooks, and would be interested to know how that table was constructed. I assume it has something to do with a byte as 512/8=64. Anyone have any ideas?

#3: Re: Effect of range on base accuracy Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:47 am
    —
papa_whisky wrote (View Post):

Which on a Base accuracy of 398 equates to Probability of a hit of approximately PB= 90% Close = 41% Mid=11.4 Long=2.3% .

I calculated these using a logistic growth function. This function produces results a little different to quoted in the Chances table of the workbooks, and would be interested to know how that table was constructed. I assume it has something to do with a byte as 512/8=64. Anyone have any ideas?

The one to ask would be Steve McClaire, aka TheBlood!, the lead programmer for ST3 who you can contact through the Matrix CC games forums.  The tables in the workbook were supplied long ago by JP4, an Atomic programmer, and are, to the best of my understanding, approximate equivalents.  Those are what I had on hand when I created the first CC Workbook.  It is my understanding that numbers used in the data files in between the range limits and not represented in the tables are used in the algorithms that produce a percentile difference between the table numbers, but I have no verification of that.  Mick's die roll explanations are based on leaked info from JP and other Atomic crew some ten years ago and were never disputed; nor were they vetted.  Best to go to the man that can delve the current source code.

#4: Re: Effect of range on base accuracy Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:59 am
    —
papa_whisky wrote (View Post):

The one to ask would be Steve McClaire, aka TheBlood!, the lead programmer for ST3 who you can contact through the Matrix CC games forums.  The tables in the workbook were supplied long ago by JP4, an Atomic programmer, and are, to the best of my understanding, approximate equivalents.  Those are what I had on hand when I created the first CC Workbook.  It is my understanding that numbers used in the data files in between the range limits and not represented in the tables are used in the algorithms that produce a percentile difference between the table numbers, but I have no verification of that.  Mick's die roll explanations are based on leaked info from JP and other Atomic crew some ten years ago and were never disputed; nor were they vetted.  Best to go to the man that can delve the current source code.

#5: Re: Effect of range on base accuracy Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:54 am
    —
Many thanks Senior_Drill!

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1