Ranks and roles
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

#1: Ranks and roles Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:17 pm
    —
I have been looking at the ranks and the roles played by various ranks in CCMT. The UK ranks appear to be wrong. I have tried to put together a spreadsheet that looks at the ranks, roles, and the CCMT ranks. The ranks in the US and UK forces with the same name do not do the equivalent job such as US Staff Sergeant is a section i/c and UK equivalent is a Corporal. US Captain has the same role as a UK major.

This means that the rank icons would need to be adjusted to reflect the team soldier types for different countries.

I have listed also the Russian/Soviet Ranks but I have not been able to place the normal roles played by certain ranks. Can anyone out there help?

If this can be finalised it may be a useful addition to the CCMT work book.  It might also help other workbooks.

ranks and roles.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ranks and roles.zip
 Filesize:  14.95 KB
 Downloaded:  470 Time(s)

#2: Re: Ranks and roles Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:40 am
    —
Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Ranks and roles Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:31 am
    —
I am not sure anyone understood what I was going on about? I will try again. The NATO ranking system is not equivalent across US and UK for the purposes of CCMT as the equivalent ranks have very different responsibilities. For example in the UK a section or tank is commanded by a Corporal. In CCMT  a section/tank is commanded by the rank level 6 for which the insignia provided is Sergeant. All the ranks except Lt are out of sync.

When I have it done I will enclose the part of game and screen gadgets with the Britiish ranks reallocated to appropriate CCMT levels. The voice cues are probably again wrong as when your section commander is killed the voice should say "corporal" and not "sergeant" who is the platoon 2 i/c. I have made a UK voice equivalent for CCMT which entirely replaces the US equivalent which I modded from GJS and Afrika 1940 mods with a few extra sounds to replace voice cues new to ccmt like 'digging in".

What I don't know is what ranks in the Russian/Soviet Army do.

#4: Re: Ranks and roles Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:03 am
    —
Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: Ranks and roles Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:50 pm
    —
Sorry for not being clear. For uk forces it should be
ccmt 1,2,3,4 blank,
ccmt 5 LCpl (Sqd i/c),
ccmt 6 Cpl (Section i/c),
CCMT 7 Sgt (Plt 2i/c),
CCMT 8 CoySgtMaj,
CCMT 9 2Lt or Lt (Plt i/c),
CCMT 10 Cpt,
CCMT 11&12 Maj (Coy i/c)

This will provide all the appropriate ranks for the appropriate roles. In British army you have to work hard to get your first stripe  :D

Soviet rank badges look so more attractive than opfors. Wait a while and you will see them...currently WIP

#6: Re: Ranks and roles Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:34 pm
    —
Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: Ranks and roles Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:48 pm
    —
They look like this

soviet ranks.jpg
 Description:
Soviet ranks post 1945
 Filesize:  31.98 KB
 Viewed:  6644 Time(s)

soviet ranks.jpg

#8: Re: Ranks and roles Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:03 am
    —
Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: Ranks and roles Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:06 am
    —
Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: Ranks and roles Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:43 pm
    —
Nice work. I realised I made a mistake when I produced those ranks that the screen and game gadget or ranks is irritatingly different in size. I still have not been able to trace what ranks have what role in the soviet army.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1