Need help finding WWII technical illustrations
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:11 pm
    —
Does anyone know an online source or other history organization to obtain technical blueprint illustrations?  Specifically I am looking for aircraft design blueprints but i'll take whatever I can get.  

Learning CAD and traditional design illustration...need some help finding original drawings.

#2: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:04 pm
    —
I don't know of any that would have more than a small example picture.  Years ago there were sites that had a lot more, but they have either closed or restricted access to a lot of research material.

For aircraft, you might want to contact the Commenorative Air Force (formerly the Confederate Air Force).  They might provide you with contacts or links.

#3: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:50 am
    —
If your in the UK maybe try Duxford. Or even the Shuttleworth Collection, I know they have quite a substantial library of stuff, and they may well have that kind of thing.

#4: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:52 am
    —
Actually try any aviation museum. If they have the stuff and you show enthusiasm I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help you out.

#5: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Author: dj PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:48 pm
    —
Thanks...good suggestions.  I wrote to http://www.flyingheritage.com/ founded by Microsoft's Paul Allen in Washington.  They have an incredible collection and aggressively acquire old warbirds for complete restorations.  No shortage of cash for them as he has plenty of money.

Also found a decent book at Borders Books last night for only $6 with detailed technical drawings called Modern Miltary Aircraft Anatomy.  No WWII warbirds but still a decent collection of drawings.

#6: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:04 pm
    —
Try Google Image search. I think most most planes have schematics online

#7: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Author: dj PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:27 am
    —
Wow...you are right.  Google image search brought about some superb technical drawings.

#8: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:03 am
    —
I think you might like these ones dj.  Some nice big blueprints to work with.

http://www.3dmodelart.com.ar/docseng/eng_servicios5.htm

cheers

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1