@Dima: port to TLD possible?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:23 pm
    —
Hello Dima and all of the Stalingrad Mod Team!

I just wanted to know if it is likely that you guys port the wonderful Stalingrad mod over to The Longest Day?

TLD offer so many fixes, especially for H2H gameplay with GC that it would be very pleasing to have this mod benfit from this.
My clan is currently playing a GC and we are suffering from the bugged GC saving and stuff that occurs along the way. All of these seem to be fixed with TLD.

Any chance?

#2: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: Dima PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:57 am
    —
Hi Schimpf,

There are couple of main reasons:

1) CC5 modding tools don't work with TLD. No new tools are available for TLD in substitution of CC5 tools - push TLD team making tools.
2) TLD fixed some CC5 bugs but in same time it introduced number of new ones - personally i don't see anything really new in it besides fixing out of supply bug.

There is always a chance Smile.

#3: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:32 pm
    —
That leaves me at least not hopeless!
TLD modding tools and perhaps a new patch for TLD could make you doing a port, I suppose? Very Happy

#4: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:27 pm
    —
As there are already some mods released/rereleased for TLD, it seems as if the tools necessary for modding TLD are already available!
Mafis page also has a actual version of BTD Edit which can also edit TLD/WAR stratlayers.

#5: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:14 am
    —
AFAIK, the new mods are all using stock Stratmaps that came with the game (CC4 and CC5 Classic Stratmaps). Porting the Stalingrad Stratmap will take more work and editing the Campaign.txt another chore looming around the corner for the modder.
Looks like the Meuse conversion is moving along nicely though.

#6: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:57 pm
    —
I would be really interesting to have nighttime battles in Stalingrad. Keeping my fingers crossed....

#7: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: Priapus PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:16 am
    —
Yeah, that would be fantastic. If only one mod could be ported, I'd wish it was this one.

#8: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:21 pm
    —
all so would like to see it ported! and would love to have some input.

Tigercub

#9: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:08 am
    —
Tigercub,

you have my email so just send your notes. Or PM.

#10: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: Priapus PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:42 am
    —
Could we have a little update Dima? A tiny teaser perhaps?

#11: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:58 am
    —
Priapus wrote (View Post):
Could we have a little update Dima? A tiny teaser perhaps?

Last edited by Manoi on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:45 am
    —
Thanks Manoi!!!

Does the "new suburbs area" mean an expanded strat map or is it a replacement map?

#13: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:22 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Thanks Manoi!!!

Does the "new suburbs area" mean an expanded strat map or is it a replacement map?

An announcement will soon be made but I think it will be something big. The only thing I can say is that we have to be patient! Wink

#14: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:15 pm
    —
Looking forward to hearing more!

#15: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: pagskier PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:20 pm
    —
all I can say:  Very Happy

#16: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:25 am
    —
very cool   Very Happy

#17: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:15 pm
    —
New GC, new BGs, new units, new weapons will be presented soon Smile.

#18: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: Priapus PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:43 pm
    —
Sweet.

My only request is that the map with the "Tartar Wall" (Stalingradski?) is a little less painful for the Germans.

#19: Re: @Dima: port to TLD possible? Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:44 am
    —
Priapus wrote (View Post):
Sweet.

My only request is that the map with the "Tartar Wall" (Stalingradski?) is a little less painful for the Germans.

Noted.  Wink

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1