Winter War mod and boys anti tank rifle
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

#1: Winter War mod and boys anti tank rifle Author: pertsajakilu PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:59 am
    —
Hi!

I have playing now some time Winter War mod and now I noticed that boys don´t acquire kills. Surprisingly they are my main defence against tank. Mostly my 37mm AT-guns fail. But ATR-rifles stays hidden and stops or destroys tanks and guns. Problem is that they don't get kills and don´t gain experience. Is there reason for that or is it bug?

Otherwise it is wonderful. Now I am struggling against t-100 prototype tank. That 2 turret monster is roaming everywhere after it shot my AT-gun.

Regards!
Pertsajakilu

#2: Re: Winter War mod and boys anti tank rifle Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:28 pm
    —
Some of your questions you could have answered for yourself with Google or other search engines.

The Boys AT rifle fired a 13.9mm projectile that could only penetrate 16 to 19mm of RHA steel.  It kicked like a mule, was louder than a rock band and was very heavy.  The poor sods armed with it were as afraid of it as they were of the tanks that they were supposed to shoot it at.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_anti-tank_rifle

Leave your AT guns alone.  Set them in a position with some cover and a good field of fire.  Place them on either Ambush (if close to where the enemy tanks may appear) or Defend (if over 100m from where the enemy tanks may appear).  Then leave them alone.  Let them fight the battle.  If you give an AT gun an order to fire, it will be spotted immediately and probably be killed.  Left alone, they can often make several kills and survive the battle.

#3: Re: Winter War mod and boys anti tank rifle Author: pertsajakilu PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:18 pm
    —
Hi!
Thank you for Your reply. I couldn't find related subject in this forum. I was asking game related question not real world performance. And yes I am well aware that Boys could penetrate most winter war Russian tanks which were mainly early 30's desings. I was only asking why they don't aquire kills in their roster and don't gain experience.

I leave my AT-guns mainly alone and try to put them good ambush positions, but often they shoot several shots that don't penetrate and get killed. And I am now speaking of winter war mod. I admit that I am not very well skilled player, but thats better because AI-gives me more challenge. Another thing that I found in this mod that gun crews are wery reluctant to expend their he-ammo. Of course that was thing also in real winter war when artillery ammo was scarse in Finnish Army.

Regards

Pertsajakilu

#4: Re: Winter War mod and boys anti tank rifle Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:23 pm
    —
try the warez version ... all works perfectly and better than original.

Available from mooxe

#5: Re: Winter War mod and boys anti tank rifle Author: pertsajakilu PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:48 pm
    —
Eeeeh... I am not complaining just asking. I have  two cd version. In my two cd close combat set secod only release game for play. I don't want any cracked version. Just to now game aspcets when playing mods. What to do and what do not.

What a warm community.

regards
Pertsajakilu

#6: Re: Winter War mod and boys anti tank rifle Author: yuma PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:17 am
    —
do you get credit for crew kills?  sometimes instead of getting credited with tank kills you only get crew kills if killed / injured one by one, or credited with nothing if the tank is abandoned.  and you have to forgive schrecken, its obviously her time of the month.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1