It's been a while, and a bazooka question
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: It's been a while, and a bazooka question Author: BB-61 PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:31 pm
    —
Hi folks,

It's been quite a while since I played CC5, but the other day I felt like it so I installed it on my new computer, applied the patch and went at it. An oldie but goodie!

Here's the bazooka question:
At one point I found myself with a bazooka team and a BAR rifle team in some bushes looking at a nearby house. Inside the house was a German machine gun nest which was really wreaking havoc. No air strikes, artillery support, tanks or anything like that available. Mortar fire wasn't having much of an effect. So I figure I would see what happens if I shoot that bazooka at the machine gun nest in the building. I gather that bazooka's were frequently used that way.

It wouldn't do it. This bazooka had a full 5 rounds available, but would come back with "saving ammo" whenever I ordered it to fire at the machine gun nest. What gives? A bug?

Regards, Chris

#2: Re: It's been a while, and a bazooka question Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:21 pm
    —
No, not a bug, but the stock setting for the bazooka in CC5.  It will only fire at vehicles.  It can be changed in the Weapons.adb by changing the Valid Targets (column G) from 2 (2=Vehicle) to 6 (6= Vehicle + Terrain).  It will then fire at buildings.  But not personnel.  If the building or bunker is occupied by infantry you have to get a non-LOS fire dot in order to fire or you get the same "Saving Ammo" response.  The bazooka will fire up all rounds quickly on area fire, so you need to watch them closely if order them to fire on a bunker or building.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1