Mission Terminology
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Marines, RAF Regt & Anti Terrorism

#1: Mission Terminology Author: awannabeee PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:51 pm
    —
Hello All;
THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT SERVE. YOUR SACRIFICE CAN NEVER BE ADEQUATELY REPAID.

I Have started CCM and the mission OPORD are beyond my understanding as far as acronyms and some discription. So i was wondering if there was a manual with the terms defined that someone could direct me to?
  I am also curious to know if haveing a copy of CCM is contriband or are civilians go to go if they have a copy?
                       thanks for any help george!

#2: Re: Mission Terminology Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:22 pm
    —
CCM 3 was freely distributed to the public.

If you are caught with any later versions you will probably be paying a visit to Guantanamo Bay.

#3: Re: Mission Terminology Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:24 pm
    —
Have you tried googling for the manual?

#4: Re: Mission Terminology Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:17 pm
    —
awannabeee wrote (View Post):
Hello All;
THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT SERVE. YOUR SACRIFICE CAN NEVER BE ADEQUATELY REPAID.

I Have started CCM and the mission OPORD are beyond my understanding as far as acronyms and some discription. So i was wondering if there was a manual with the terms defined that someone could direct me to?
  I am also curious to know if haveing a copy of CCM is contriband or are civilians go to go if they have a copy?
                       thanks for any help george!

Welcome to the site George. First of all, the mission orders are really not applicable to the game in your setting, that is unless you are training while playing this game. Each engagement can be ended by killing all the enemy troops, you are not bound by the mission. Nor does doing anything in the mission count for anything within the game. If you kill everyone, you win. If you follow the mission orders then it will be quite borring.

If you can't find the manual just post the Acronyms and words here, we'll sort it out for you.

The game is copyrighted and intended for US Military personnel only. I highly doubt the game calls the mothership to let anyone know you have it. There is an almost 0% chance that anything will come out of it. If you do not live in the USA then the chances increase in your favour. Its just software, theres no security classification to it. I imagine the US Military has bigger fish to fry in the world. Have fun!

#5: Re: Mission Terminology Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:20 pm
    —
CCM v3.1 was distrubuted through a disc included in one edition of The Marine Corps Gazette.  The disc install adds a Training Documentation folder with the relevent USMC manuals, which would answer your questions.  If your copy of CCM v3.1 does not have a filled Training Documentation folder, then you don't have the disc, or a true copy of the disc.

So sad for you.

#6: Re: Mission Terminology Author: Ejergard PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:07 am
    —
OPORD means operations order.

#7: Re: Mission Terminology Author: awannabeee PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:06 am
    —
Hello All;
thanks for all the feed back. i think i will do some fun and i did find the files Senior_Drill mentioned.

oh by the way i am currently getting in touch withe the public relations department to get the skinny on obtaining the CC Marines games.
i will keep everyone in touch through a new topic.

KEEP YOUR HEADS DOWN AND YOUR POWDER DRY!

george!

#8: Re: Mission Terminology Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:30 am
    —
Nice

Sure would be good if became publicly available.

#9: Re: Mission Terminology Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:45 am
    —
CCM3 is way too buggy and a total pig to mod with so much hard coded in the exe. The only one small advantage it has over ccmt is that AI will mount vehicles. I live in hope that a patch may just fix that and even if it didnt I wouldnt go back to CCM3.

#10: Re: Mission Terminology Author: nichols PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:54 am
    —
Go to this link to download the Workbook:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23232426/Close-Combat-Marine-Workbook-TRAINING-AID-for-MCI-8104

The Terminology can be found in Appendix B on page 87.

#11: Re: Mission Terminology Author: nichols PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:15 pm
    —
Looks like a new CCM Work Book is going to be made.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Marines, RAF Regt & Anti Terrorism

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1