how do i get cc5 mods working with TLD cc5
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: how do i get cc5 mods working with TLD cc5 Author: DasHoff PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:02 am
    —
im trying to play winter war mod, TLD comes with cc5 so i assume i can. i downloaded the config utility CfgV13, but no matter what directory i put it in, it says 'cannot find cc5 folder'

i can play cc5 mods with classic cc5 that comes with TLD right?

#2: Re: how do i get cc5 mods working with TLD cc5 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:18 am
    —
No, CC5 mods will not work on Classic CC5 that comes with TLD.

It is CC5 converted to run on TLD. CC5 mods have to be converted the same way to work on TLD....

#3: Re: how do i get cc5 mods working with TLD cc5 Author: lamurt PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:52 pm
    —
just great.... Rolling Eyes

#4: Re: how do i get cc5 mods working with TLD cc5 Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:10 pm
    —
The primary reasons CC5 mods will not play in CCTLD Classic CC5 are:

1.  Different .EXE (Note that CC5 mods are made for the patched CC5.exe and many don't play nice with the unpatched CC5.exe).
2.  Different data file formats.

That being said, it is a whole lot easier, but still takes some effort. to convert CC5 mods to play in CCTLD Classic CC5.  The number of maps and the number of campaign days are the same, unlike with CCTLD.  Mod work can be done now, but might require updating once the CCTLD patch is finalized because CCTLD and CCTLD's Classic CC5 use the same .exe.  Simplier mods that are only data and graphic changes can be done now without need of updates.

CC5 mod .ADB files should be extracted with the Revised QClone .INI files for CC4 and CC5 ( http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=44969#44969  )

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1