Eric Young's Squad Assault and/or Second Wave
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Eric Young's Squad Assault and/or Second Wave Author: Ejergard PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:21 pm
    —
This game was released a few years back, think it was originally released in 2003, and re-released with new content in 2005 as Squad Assault: Second Wave. From screens I've seen it looks like the 3D-sequel to the close combat series (mr Young worked with CC).
Does anyone play this game? Opinions?

#2: Re: Eric Young's Squad Assault and/or Second Wave Author: CptCurtLocation: st louis,mo. PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:49 pm
    —
Was this game any good ? GI Combat was horrible.

#3: Re: Eric Young's Squad Assault and/or Second Wave Author: Ejergard PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:54 am
    —
Hm, I found a demo, but it was quite disappointing. The interface is not userfriendly at all, controls are slow and sluggish, and if you by accident click on one unit again after already having selected it, you zoom in close to it, losing overall awareness of the whole situation.
Overall, it has potential, it could have been CC in 3d, but there are too many flaws of the fundamental features (that could easily have been changed) that makes this an unpleasant experience.
Now I know why noone here talks about it atleast, heheh

#4: Re: Eric Young's Squad Assault and/or Second Wave Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:16 pm
    —
Ejergard wrote (View Post):
Overall, it has potential, it could have been CC in 3d, but there are too many flaws of the fundamental features (that could easily have been changed) that makes this an unpleasant experience.

Too many bugs and Eric was lured away by other projects before they were all fixed.

Ejergard wrote (View Post):
Now I know why noone here talks about it atleast

... and yet it probably has more right to be discussed here than First to Fight, which was Close Combat in name only.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1