SAS desert patrol reenacted in Holland
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: SAS desert patrol reenacted in Holland Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:54 pm
    —
Hi guys,
Check out this link: SAS desert patrol Jeep It's a photoshoot of a SAS desert patrol Jeep in a sandy environment in the south of Holland.
Picture nbr. 7: Not sure if that is how that knife was supposed to be used  Very Happy

#2: Re: SAS desert patrol reenacted in Holland Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:41 pm
    —
Nice. I always imagined those desert vehicles to be more pinky, must just be getting confused with more modern stuff like Gulf War 1.
Is it true that they would blend into the landscape? You could watch them drive off fine, but as soon as you blinked you couldn't pick them up again. Thats what you call camo!

And the dagger.... "they don't like it up em"!! Laughing

#3: Re: SAS desert patrol reenacted in Holland Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:19 pm
    —
Yes, that pinkish colour actually seems to have been used. There is a website out there that covers LRDG camo patterns but unfortunately I don't have the link. In this instance the reenactors probably went for the safest option and chose yellow.
I am kind of envious of the photographer though. He was lucky that this opportunity to 'shoot' this set presented itself.

#4: Re: SAS desert patrol reenacted in Holland Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:04 pm
    —
Indeed not the kind of thing that pops up every day. Should've slapped a bit of fake tan on his legs though, would have been perfect then Laughing  sorry Rolling Eyes

Got a book on the LRDG somewhere that I never got around to reading. Bearded Brigands I think it was called. Must see if I can find it.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1