Hamachi Meet AAR, 7 NOV 09
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

#1: Hamachi Meet AAR, 7 NOV 09 Author: RD_DeathDealerLocation: Bavaria, Germany PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:26 pm
    —
All-

Just wanted to post some thoughts on the Hamachi Meet this past Saturday. Overall, I thought it was an excellent way to meet fellow gamers (from around the world) in the cc community.

Positives:

1) I was able to find and have games against numerous opponents.

2) Through chatting with players, I was introduced to some new concepts. I now understand the value of having a "Public Campaign" saved, where I can continue a game consistently as one side-while many online opponents fill in the role as the other side.

3) I was more successful finding opponents at the Hamachi Meet than at Gamespy, Battle HQ, or Gameranger.

4) I propose that there should be a Hamachi Meet every Saturday.

Negatives:

1) I observed that almost half of the players on the network were inactive, or "away" for most of the day. If you are not gaming or going to have a game- get off of the net and make room for the others.

2) It was hard to tell who was in a game and who was not. This resulted in many unanswered "Hello" messages I sent out in chat. I did notice that some players changed their status to "busy" or posted a comment onto their name indicating they were "in a game." This saved time in finding an unoccupied opponent- all players should do this.

3) Not all players posted the games they play in their name description. This should be done, so time is not wasted when looking for an opponent that has the same games as you.

Looking forward to the next Meet. Twisted Evil

#2: Re: Hamachi Meet AAR, 7 NOV 09 Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:51 pm
    —
Was the first saturday I'd had off work in ages, and was looking forward to some cc online. But then someone waved a ticket for the Wales v NewZealand game under my nose- couldn't turn that down! Have to wait till my next day off to get myself annhilated Very Happy

#3: Re: Hamachi Meet AAR, 7 NOV 09 Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:55 am
    —
RD_DeathDealer wrote (View Post):
All-

Just wanted to post some thoughts on the Hamachi Meet this past Saturday. Overall, I thought it was an excellent way to meet fellow gamers (from around the world) in the cc community.

Positives:

1) I was able to find and have games against numerous opponents.

2) Through chatting with players, I was introduced to some new concepts. I now understand the value of having a "Public Campaign" saved, where I can continue a game consistently as one side-while many online opponents fill in the role as the other side.

3) I was more successful finding opponents at the Hamachi Meet than at Gamespy, Battle HQ, or Gameranger.

4) I propose that there should be a Hamachi Meet every Saturday.

Negatives:

1) I observed that almost half of the players on the network were inactive, or "away" for most of the day. If you are not gaming or going to have a game- get off of the net and make room for the others.

2) It was hard to tell who was in a game and who was not. This resulted in many unanswered "Hello" messages I sent out in chat. I did notice that some players changed their status to "busy" or posted a comment onto their name indicating they were "in a game." This saved time in finding an unoccupied opponent- all players should do this.

3) Not all players posted the games they play in their name description. This should be done, so time is not wasted when looking for an opponent that has the same games as you.

Looking forward to the next Meet. Twisted Evil

DD, thanks for tis AAR.

I am happy you found some opponents, and happy they did as well. Hamachi meets every Saturday.... Very do-able. I would need to find a way to not water down the importance of it.

Yes there did seem to be a lot of inactives. I will try to advertise the rules and obligations a more for the coming meets.

Having [in game] in thier name is very helpful, I will add that to the protocol.

#4: Re: Hamachi Meet AAR, 7 NOV 09 Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:39 pm
    —
DD I thought about your every weekend should be a meet idea......

What I am going to try....

Every weekend I will have the Hamachi Weekend Locator image up, which shows everyone whos online at Hamachi now. The 1st Saturday of every month operation will not change.

Thanks for the ideas!

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1