Game Ranger - can't host
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

#1: Game Ranger - can't host Author: F158 PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:38 pm
    —
I haven't played H2H in years and years and want to get back to playing CC again so I want to set myself up to be able to host games.  I was just on game ranger and was able to connect when the other fellow hosted but got booted when I tried to host.  This is the error message I got:

Direct Play Error

Or something like that.  It was a windows message.  I had my windows firewall turned off even though I have my .exe file for the game as an exception.  I had Hamachi disabled as per the instruction I found on this site.  I have a wireless router at home (Airport Extreme) but I have not forwarded any ports as I didn't think I had to using gameranger.  

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

I'm happy though that I was able to connect when the other guy hosted as I stopped playing ABTF because I was not even able to do that (but that was years ago and going thru BHQ)

#2: Re: Game Ranger - can't host Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:34 am
    —
F158 wrote (View Post):
I haven't played H2H in years and years and want to get back to playing CC again so I want to set myself up to be able to host games.  I was just on game ranger and was able to connect when the other fellow hosted but got booted when I tried to host.  This is the error message I got:

Direct Play Error

Or something like that.  It was a windows message.  I had my windows firewall turned off even though I have my .exe file for the game as an exception.  I had Hamachi disabled as per the instruction I found on this site.  I have a wireless router at home (Airport Extreme) but I have not forwarded any ports as I didn't think I had to using gameranger.  

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

I'm happy though that I was able to connect when the other guy hosted as I stopped playing ABTF because I was not even able to do that (but that was years ago and going thru BHQ)

To host you need to open your ports. Joining is no problem. I can't tell you how to do it since your wireless router is different than mine. If you click on the tech support link in my sig block it will forward you to a page with the ports you need to open.

Keep us updated!

#3: Re: Game Ranger - can't host Author: F158 PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:24 am
    —
Thanks for the reply.  I was hoping that wouldn't have to play around and open ports when using hamachi and gameranger, oh well, I think I was able to open the ports and the range correctly, now I need a guinea pig to test it out.

#4: Re: Game Ranger - can't host Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:29 am
    —
I have this exact same issue. I have all the necessary ports forwarded (see my ports thread).

Anybody have any ideas?

#5: Re: Game Ranger - can't host Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:33 am
    —
If you have Hamachi you need to disable the Hamachi network adapter in Network Connections.

#6: Re: Game Ranger - can't host Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:51 am
    —
I have removed Hamachi fom my PC because of the problems it creates for me

#7: Re: Game Ranger - can't host Author: Dundradal PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:02 am
    —
As I explained on BHQ, Hamachi network is disabled in network connections. GR knows that Hamachi is not running.

#8: Re: Game Ranger - can't host Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:51 pm
    —
Yeah, I chatted with you about that after I posted on here.

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1