Super Krauts?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: Super Krauts? Author: Saxxon PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:21 pm
    —
Was playing tihs morning on the South Eiffel Map starting a Grand Campaign.  Defending as US I have troops in positions to Ambush, they are dug in, haven't moved or fired.  Yet, unseen German units are firing on them, from an open field even...  Better still, one MG unit sits in that field, firing north on the map into the house there repeatedly as I try to flank, but oddly, I can't fire to that location, nor see the MG unit unless I suicide men down the hill.  That and having MGs in the houses tearing up my untis but I can't target them to fire back either, just play a guessing game shooting at the walls.  Sneak doesn't work unless you are halfway across the map, othrewise your units are seen the minute they start moving from cover (thru more wooded cover) - yet same units can sit in their foxhole and have the German units sneak up right in their face before being seen.  WTF, just a tad frustrating.

#2: Re: Super Krauts? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:15 pm
    —
It sounds like your enemy is making good use of available cover.

Use area fire at the muzzle flashes, that should make them squirm a bit then you will see them.

#3: Re: Super Krauts? Author: BobbyDazzlerLocation: Manchester PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:28 pm
    —
not to forget that the cpu will always know exactly where and what ur units are doing, most anoying aspect of cc cpu is its tank awareness of sneaking at distance e.g. sneaking a pnzsckr 50m from a tank behind cover, 3/5 it will see them and attack them, realism?? not quite what are the chances of a tank crew spotting a sneaking infantry team from 50m behind cover???

#4: Re: Super Krauts? Author: Infidel PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:34 pm
    —
It would be good if CC armour had a "Button up/unbutton" command.  That way a tank with it's hatch open and the commander looking around has slightly decent awareness, but if a tank is buttoned up then it has near zero awareness.

#5: Re: Super Krauts? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:45 pm
    —
Quote:
not to forget that the cpu will always know exactly where and what ur units are doing

No, it doesn't

#6: Re: Super Krauts? Author: Saxxon PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:36 pm
    —
I'd say a good portion of the time it does seem to act on information it shouldn't have were it a player.  The mention of the Panzerschreck team mirrors the same problem I get with a bazooka team, or any other.  They can't sneak, the AI always picks them out.  Ambushing teams get ambushed themselves.  Yet shoe on the other foot, I have Panzerschreck AI units murder my tanks coming right up on them.  Fact is the AI's units make or get far better use of and benefit from cover then player units.  The one I have in progress right now - MG 42 forced to ground, middle of the street, surounded on 3 sides.  Yet it sits there unhit tearing up the squads overlooking from 2 & 3 story concrete buildings.  Or an AT gun hidden in the woods, tank rolls by on the road across the field, AT gun bounces a round off the tank, tank turns, fires & destroys the AT gun before the gun crew can fire again?  There are some holes in the realism there.

Another goody (supports the "AI always knows" theroy) - had a Bazooka unit stationed to cover a remote Vic Loc, sure enough a Panther breaks off from the main force to capture it.  It drives to it, and then, backs away from the bazooka unit with its front facing that way the whole time.  Meanwhile across the map, I have an AT gun dug in good cover.  A Panzershreck unit (which along with the other Panthers is doing the DOD (Dance of Death, spining & running back & forth) finally move along the road, abot 180m away.  They go to ground, and pick off the AT gun which to that point hasn't done a thing.   And yet my infantry can't see units barely 20m away in the woods while sneaking forward.

Hopefully someone has done some AI tweaking.

#7: Re: Super Krauts? Author: Infidel PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:24 pm
    —
Play online not against AI, problem solved.  If you can't play online then I'm afraid it's tough, the AI issues are notorious with CC.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1