9. Rota (9th Company: Roots Of Terror)
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: 9. Rota (9th Company: Roots Of Terror) Author: Ejergard PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:02 pm
    —
So, this movie about the 9th Company is one of my all time favourite warmovies, and yesterday Strategy First released a game with the same name, the frontpage even has a picture of some of the actors in this movie Smile
It looks like a low level squad/platoon, possible company level RTS.
Has anyone tried this? I'ld like some input from this community on this.

#2: Re: 9. Rota (9th Company: Roots Of Terror) Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:54 pm
    —
Movie sux.
Game is not the best either.

#3: Re: 9. Rota (9th Company: Roots Of Terror) Author: Ejergard PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:10 pm
    —
I'ld appreciate if you could elaborate a little Dima Smile

#4: Re: 9. Rota (9th Company: Roots Of Terror) Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:34 pm
    —
Well, have you watched the movie?

#5: Re: 9. Rota (9th Company: Roots Of Terror) Author: Ejergard PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:17 pm
    —
Yes, the movie was generally good in my opinion up until the battle in the end. The final battle was a little too much and had an arcadish feeling about it.
But I'm more interested about your thoughts of this game. I haven't tried it, and would like to have some more input than just a general "it sucks" or "its ok" to have a chance to form an opinion.

#6: Re: 9. Rota (9th Company: Roots Of Terror) Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:52 am
    —
Quote:
Yes, the movie was generally good in my opinion up until the battle in the end. The final battle was a little too much and had an arcadish feeling about it.

yes, especially when you know what happened on 3234 hill that time.
f.e., only 6 ABs got killed on that hill in reality.

Quote:
But I'm more interested about your thoughts of this game. I haven't tried it, and would like to have some more input than just a general "it sucks" or "its ok" to have a chance to form an opinion.

well, the main points:
-bad interface.
-poor graphics (besides explosions).
-rediculous micromanagement.
-missions (10) in campaign are not connected to each other.
-very poor AI.

in general, that's poor and low budget parody on CoH or FoW.
but maybe in these years they have fixed something prior to the foreign release.

#7: Re: 9. Rota (9th Company: Roots Of Terror) Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:28 am
    —
That movie was great.
Russians make good movies.

#8: Re: 9. Rota (9th Company: Roots Of Terror) Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:25 am
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):
that's poor and low budget parody on CoH or FoW

Standard question:

Does the map editor offer a top down view without fisheye?

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1