My First Computer
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: My First Computer Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:04 pm
    —
In the late 80's or very early 90's I won a Commodore 128D from a radio station contest. I still have it, and was using it up untill 1995. A catalogue came with the computer with all sorts of things you could by for the Commodore, like a 20MB Harddrive! This was my first computer, but not the families first. We had a TI-99 4/A that we played Space Invaders and Barrage on constantly.

ltkernalhd.jpg
 Description:
Lt. Kernal 20Megabyte Harddrive
 Filesize:  72.64 KB
 Viewed:  3813 Time(s)

ltkernalhd.jpg

#2: Re: My First Computer Author: Infidel PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:18 pm
    —
What a blast from the past.

My first computer was an Amiga.  I found endless enjoyment as a boy swapping disks furiously.  The only games I played (despite having a fairly large amount) were Cannon Fodder, Monkey Island (1+2) and Mortal Kombat.

Ahhh the memories, the memories.

#3: Re: My First Computer Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:19 pm
    —
Hi!

my first computer was an Amstrad CPC 6128 kb

#4: Re: My First Computer Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:34 am
    —
Mine was/ is a 1995 Pentium. It could play CC II but didn't have enough grunt for III.

I still use it  Shocked  as a glorified typewriter. With no modem, security i not an issue, although I'm starting to wonder how I'd extract its data when some critical component finally blows.

#5: Re: My First Computer Author: FishBowlManLocation: Kidderminster, England PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 am
    —
I bought my first pc back in 1990 when I started a college course. It was a 286 with 4MB of RAM and a 40MB hard drive. I had DOS 5, Windows 3.1, Lotus AMI PRO 1.0 - which I still believe is the best word processing package I have ever used - and an early version of a Modula 2 compiler. I installed a few games such as X Wing and Links Golf.

I remember thinking "40MB of disc space? I'm never going to fill that up Surprised"

How times have changed.

#6: Re: My First Computer Author: Therion PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:30 pm
    —
My first computer was Commodore C=64 - I think it was in 1992.

C=64 in Poland was hell - I had only a cassette recorder and 9/10 of original games were horribad unbalanced platformers/shooters like this and this.
There were pirated versions of some more ambitious games - tactical wargames, flight simulators, etc. but most of them were castrated rips that allowed playing only one level.

My favourite games were:
Laser Squad, Gunship, Legions of Death, Ikari Warriors, Ultima I, Archon, The Monster, Hostages, Great Escape and Falcon Patrol II.

#7: Re: My First Computer Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:45 pm
    —
Commodore Vic 20. My dad bought it for educational purposes but I ended up playing games on it. The first PC that I bought for myself was a P60 running on windows 95 and had MS Office installed (what a luxury !)

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1