Close Combat On Steam/Impulse?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Site Info

#1: Close Combat On Steam/Impulse? Author: Nukeitall PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:49 am
    —
While I realize that Matrix games had it's own method of delivery, I wonder if Steam might be an effective tool to sell more copies of the Close Combat series?

Surely the strength of the series stands by itself. An increased audience by making a deal with Steam/Impulse/etc would help everyone?

#2: Re: Close Combat On Steam/Impulse? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:32 am
    —
matrixgames are publishers

As i understand it Steam is their competition

So I guess it would be like a GM dealer selling Fords

#3: Re: Close Combat On Steam/Impulse? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:41 pm
    —
I wouldnt say its competition. Steam is so overwhelmingly larger than Matrix. It would be like saying Walmart is in compeition with a single corner store!

If Steam did pick up Close Combat, it could be introduced to hundreds of thousands of new players instantly.

#4: Re: Close Combat On Steam/Impulse? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:28 pm
    —
That would be Destineers call then, not matrixgames.... I believe.

I imagine matrixgames have some sort of contract to market and publish the games and i imagine it isn't forever.

#5: Re: Close Combat On Steam/Impulse? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:57 pm
    —
Yeah Destineer. I wonder if they have any games on Steam...

#6: Re: Close Combat On Steam/Impulse? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:21 pm
    —
Destineer... Don't have a clue what if any games they have released....

On a positive note at least they didn't take the Atomic's Close Combat code and put it in the attic or basement. At least they have allowed someone else to license/use it....

#7: Re: Close Combat On Steam/Impulse? Author: RD_TG_JagerLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:12 pm
    —
Titles like "Empires Total War" and "Call of duty 6" are allowed for downloading on there. Steam is a pain, but it allows instant access to purchase games and would allow for allot of people to get into the  game.....I know they also old games like Civilization and Sid Myers Railroads...This year "Empires Total War" was a top selling game. I think it would be great for CC if they allowed thier games to be marketed on steam.

#8: Re: Close Combat On Steam/Impulse? Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:53 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
On a positive note at least they didn't take the Atomic's Close Combat code and put it in the attic or basement.

Senior Drill tells a good yarn about how somebody lost a major chunk of code during a change of office. Don't know if it was Destineer.

Close Combat Series -> Site Info

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1