Windows 7 & Close Combat
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:41 am
    —
Windows 7 Professional (32bit)

Happy to say every version from The Russian Front to The Longest Day work fine, including Close Combat Marines 3.1. I did not have to run compatibility mode on any of them. CC3 exits properly without the usual XP crash on exit.

All mod managers work. MMCCIII works as well.

I did not try Close Combat 1, 2 or Road to Baghdad.

#2: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: Tzenchor PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:20 pm
    —
An update, i tried both the longest day and a bridge too far on windows 7 home premium 64 bits. Both run perfectly but a bridge too far needs to have videos disabled and an aplication called ccstarter to load the menus properly. Also for installing the update it has to be installed manually

#3: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:01 am
    —
An update from me as well.... Road to Baghdad runs fine without having to mess with compatibility options.

#4: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: Dfox PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:10 pm
    —
What about modding tools for CC5 ?  Question

#5: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: emifisaLocation: Italy PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:12 pm
    —
i have a problem with windows 7 ii have CC 4 Battle of the bulge with win 7 not start the game......with Vista is perfect and functional but now i have the windows 7....what can i do for a solution with wind 7??

#6: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: Dauphin PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:59 pm
    —
Try run as an administrator

#7: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: emifisaLocation: Italy PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:27 pm
    —
i think not is this the problem i have this error message at start before the video....action not supported

#8: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:39 pm
    —
I can't use Qclone on windows 7. It will start up but does not open the adb's. I would have to install microsoft's java virtual machine but Windows 7 won't let me, stating known compatibility problems. Also, .Net framework which is needed for some tools (though I don't know which ones) can not be installed on 64bit systems. Does anyone know a workaround for installing these applications? If not possible what other tools to open and adjust adb files are there?

Thanks,

#9: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:24 am
    —
Please disregard - all I had to do was change the screen resolution to prevent crashes

#10: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: Blueburby1 PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:30 pm
    —
it works except the video hangs in game play, so I can move units around during deploy, but I have to scroll for the screen to redraw and update. as well the menu doesnt appear correctly and when things do appear, I get horizontal lines.

Running windows 7, 64 bit

#11: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: emifisaLocation: Italy PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:16 pm
    —
sorry error
edit

#12: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:14 pm
    —
I had the same problem of "action not supported", but I eventually found a solution to my problem - I dropped screen resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 1024 x 768.
This is the only resolution of the screen where the game will launch and not have any "action not supported" problem, all the others results in the same problem.

#13: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: enmity13 PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:49 pm
    —
My scrolling doesn't work. When moving the cursor to screen edge, it just flips to the opposite screen edge. Any ideas?

#14: Windows 7 Ultimate & Close Combat IV Author: losandes PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:45 pm
    —
I have a problem with windows 7 Ultimate and I have CC4 (Battle of the bulge) with win7 Ultimate was impossible to install

Win messenger (close combat IV requieres Windows 9x. Installation aborted)

I ma using comp. mode and i am administrator

How can I do for a solution with wind 7 Ultimate?

thk in advance

#15: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: yarrick5 PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:08 pm
    —
Hi, new to the forum, I played this game years ago, before I joined the service, and just recently tried to find it again.  I cannot find a way to download it (im on windows 7) anywhere.  Ive tried a dozen sites, and with a few i managed to get to the point where it I could agree to terms and conditions, agree, and then nothing happened.  Where can I download the series, regardless whether free or not?  Im in Europe, with only European cards, but paying wouldnt be a problem.  Finding is.  Any help would be much appreciated!!
Edit: wanted to clarify that Im making sure the versions are stated as windows 7 compatible.

#16: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: dumdum12 PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 am
    —
@ yarrick5

I guess you're able to check Mr google by yourself to find more or less illegal sources for downloading the Close Combat series...

But I rather recommend to buy it via Matrix (Matrix Games) or Slitherine (Slitherine). Both offer many payment options and the versions you get there are Windows 7 compatible...

If you enjoyed the series before is it imo worth a buy cause you'll get many hours of satisfaction out of your bucks  Wink

#17: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: Hostilian PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:03 am
    —
I own most of the original CC games (for the record).  :)

I wonder whether downloading games that are no longer available to buy is 'illegal' (Its not illegal anyway; its copyright infringement, which is a civil matter).
Might the old CC games now be now classed as abandonware?

In a number of countries it's actually ok to download copyrighted material; however you arent allow to distribute it.

#18: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: dlazovLocation: Mchenry, IL USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:19 pm
    —
Dang I spent the last 4 hours reading through the manual, after installing the game this morning and applying the 3.60 patch only to find out that every time I load the game all I get is an error Close Combat Error dialog box that says:

"Unable to get format on stream"

This happens on both the Matrix shortcut icon (Cross of Iron Game Menu) and the Command Centre.

I am running Windows 7 with all the latest and greatest updates. I have several java based compilers running and I have installed Visual Studio (I am a programmer by trade) so not sure why this won't work on my system.

Has anyone else had problems with W7 and CC COI?

I can't believe the game won't even run on my machine, I have plenty of other modern games installed with no issues.

#19: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: dlazovLocation: Mchenry, IL USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:25 pm
    —
I have also tried to change the exe to run in all compatibility modes and all fail, the closet was Windows 95 when I saw a mouse cursor and then it just CTD.

This is a real bummer. Twisted Evil

#20: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: dlazovLocation: Mchenry, IL USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:26 pm
    —
I thought that this Matrix version of CC COI was supposed to be Windows 7 compatible?

#21: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: dlazovLocation: Mchenry, IL USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:49 pm
    —
Maybe it's a 64 bit issue?

Any ideas, pointers or help on why Matrix Games, Close Combat COI wont run on W7 64 bit O/S?

#22: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:01 pm
    —
The "Unable to get format on stream" error means your Windows installation does not have the req'd video codec to play the intro video

Hold down the ctrl key as you launch the game using the quick start option
This will bring up the options window, there disable videos
Then you should be good to go

#23: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: dlazovLocation: Mchenry, IL USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:09 pm
    —

Tejszd,

Many thanks!

That did the trick.

Bizarre, but works fine.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1