Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:41 am
    —
Windows 7 Professional (32bit)

Happy to say every version from The Russian Front to The Longest Day work fine, including Close Combat Marines 3.1. I did not have to run compatibility mode on any of them. CC3 exits properly without the usual XP crash on exit.

All mod managers work. MMCCIII works as well.

I did not try Close Combat 1, 2 or Road to Baghdad.

#2: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: Tzenchor PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:20 pm
    —
An update, i tried both the longest day and a bridge too far on windows 7 home premium 64 bits. Both run perfectly but a bridge too far needs to have videos disabled and an aplication called ccstarter to load the menus properly. Also for installing the update it has to be installed manually

#3: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:01 am
    —
An update from me as well.... Road to Baghdad runs fine without having to mess with compatibility options.

#4: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: Dfox PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:10 pm
    —
What about modding tools for CC5 ?  Question

#5: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: emifisaLocation: Italy PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:12 pm
    —
i have a problem with windows 7 ii have CC 4 Battle of the bulge with win 7 not start the game......with Vista is perfect and functional but now i have the windows 7....what can i do for a solution with wind 7??

#6: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: Dauphin PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:59 pm
    —
Try run as an administrator

#7: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: emifisaLocation: Italy PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:27 pm
    —
i think not is this the problem i have this error message at start before the video....action not supported

#8: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:39 pm
    —
I can't use Qclone on windows 7. It will start up but does not open the adb's. I would have to install microsoft's java virtual machine but Windows 7 won't let me, stating known compatibility problems. Also, .Net framework which is needed for some tools (though I don't know which ones) can not be installed on 64bit systems. Does anyone know a workaround for installing these applications? If not possible what other tools to open and adjust adb files are there?

Thanks,

#9: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:24 am
    —
Please disregard - all I had to do was change the screen resolution to prevent crashes

#10: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: Blueburby1 PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:30 pm
    —
it works except the video hangs in game play, so I can move units around during deploy, but I have to scroll for the screen to redraw and update. as well the menu doesnt appear correctly and when things do appear, I get horizontal lines.

Running windows 7, 64 bit

#11: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: emifisaLocation: Italy PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:16 pm
    —
sorry error
edit

#12: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:14 pm
    —
I had the same problem of "action not supported", but I eventually found a solution to my problem - I dropped screen resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 1024 x 768.
This is the only resolution of the screen where the game will launch and not have any "action not supported" problem, all the others results in the same problem.

#13: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: enmity13 PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:49 pm
    —
My scrolling doesn't work. When moving the cursor to screen edge, it just flips to the opposite screen edge. Any ideas?

#14: Windows 7 Ultimate & Close Combat IV Author: losandes PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:45 pm
    —
I have a problem with windows 7 Ultimate and I have CC4 (Battle of the bulge) with win7 Ultimate was impossible to install

Win messenger (close combat IV requieres Windows 9x. Installation aborted)

I ma using comp. mode and i am administrator

How can I do for a solution with wind 7 Ultimate?

thk in advance

#15: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: yarrick5 PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:08 pm
    —
Hi, new to the forum, I played this game years ago, before I joined the service, and just recently tried to find it again.  I cannot find a way to download it (im on windows 7) anywhere.  Ive tried a dozen sites, and with a few i managed to get to the point where it I could agree to terms and conditions, agree, and then nothing happened.  Where can I download the series, regardless whether free or not?  Im in Europe, with only European cards, but paying wouldnt be a problem.  Finding is.  Any help would be much appreciated!!
Edit: wanted to clarify that Im making sure the versions are stated as windows 7 compatible.

#16: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: dumdum12 PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 am
    —
@ yarrick5

I guess you're able to check Mr google by yourself to find more or less illegal sources for downloading the Close Combat series...

But I rather recommend to buy it via Matrix (Matrix Games) or Slitherine (Slitherine). Both offer many payment options and the versions you get there are Windows 7 compatible...

If you enjoyed the series before is it imo worth a buy cause you'll get many hours of satisfaction out of your bucks  Wink

#17: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: Hostilian PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:03 am
    —
I own most of the original CC games (for the record).  :)

I wonder whether downloading games that are no longer available to buy is 'illegal' (Its not illegal anyway; its copyright infringement, which is a civil matter).
Might the old CC games now be now classed as abandonware?

In a number of countries it's actually ok to download copyrighted material; however you arent allow to distribute it.

#18: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: dlazovLocation: Mchenry, IL USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:19 pm
    —
Dang I spent the last 4 hours reading through the manual, after installing the game this morning and applying the 3.60 patch only to find out that every time I load the game all I get is an error Close Combat Error dialog box that says:

"Unable to get format on stream"

This happens on both the Matrix shortcut icon (Cross of Iron Game Menu) and the Command Centre.

I am running Windows 7 with all the latest and greatest updates. I have several java based compilers running and I have installed Visual Studio (I am a programmer by trade) so not sure why this won't work on my system.

Has anyone else had problems with W7 and CC COI?

I can't believe the game won't even run on my machine, I have plenty of other modern games installed with no issues.

#19: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: dlazovLocation: Mchenry, IL USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:25 pm
    —
I have also tried to change the exe to run in all compatibility modes and all fail, the closet was Windows 95 when I saw a mouse cursor and then it just CTD.

This is a real bummer. Twisted Evil

#20: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Author: dlazovLocation: Mchenry, IL USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:26 pm
    —
I thought that this Matrix version of CC COI was supposed to be Windows 7 compatible?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2