Close Combat newb needs a lil help
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Close Combat newb needs a lil help Author: DigiAngel PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:10 pm
    —
Hey All!

So I was gifted with a few of the later versions of CC (Cross of Iron, Wacht am Rhein, and the Longest Day).  I have my original CC Trilogy Set.  A couple questions...first, which is the best all around game version to play on, and second, can I..."import" or get maps of the original three and put them into one of the above to play the best?  My goal is to say install just ONE of these games, then import or copy all the maps from all the others.  My other question is involving installing the mods...I had one that had an executable plug, and a map pack...for Cross of Iron.  I install the exe file, extracted the map pack, but when I tried to install it via modswap I got a can't find Extents.txt or something close to that.  Any help in reaching my goal would really help out.  Thank you.

James

#2: Re: Close Combat newb needs a lil help Author: 7A_Ghoa10Location: Spain PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:14 pm
    —
i have played TLD and WaR, i bet for WaR

#3: Re: Close Combat newb needs a lil help Author: DAK_Von_ManteuffelLocation: Zaragoza (España) PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:20 pm
    —
I have and play them both for me today, the better the WAR

Wink Greetings

#4: Re: Close Combat newb needs a lil help Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:31 pm
    —
All three are good.

COI - has the most mods (as CC3 mods were converted to COI) and follows you through the whole eastern front campaign (thus you can upgrade equipment and fight in the summer and winter)
WAR - follows a single battle and takes CC4/CC5 improving upon it (BG can't move without fuel, can be forced to retreart, etc.)
TLD - follows a single battle and takes WAR improving upon it (adds random entry VL for paratroopers and adds night battles, etc.)

#5: Re: Close Combat newb needs a lil help Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:09 am
    —
Sounds like something installed incorrectly. When a mod fails to install, it may of partially installed. My advice is to uninstall Cross of Iron, reinstall, then try to apply the mod with modswap. Let us know.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1